Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 10 V Freo.

Quote Originally Posted by 111431 View Post
    i agree but when he starts running around in diminishing circles trying to decide to who to give it off to is almost like watching the Leaping Leo kamikazee runs out of the backline - heart in the mouth stuff
    The thing is George is very clever and evasive. He is trying to find a way onto his right foot, even though he kicks both feet, his right footkick is by far better. The other thing is he is searching for the player running past. If they are all covered he will not give off he will kick. Unlike Joey & Co George tries to get a positive outcome not just give the ball to someone in a hotter position. He has one of the best Disposal efficiency ratings in the team yet he plays the inside mid role.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    No, but I do like the idea of bringing in Stephens for Bell as the medical sub (if we can afford for Stephens to miss the development he'll get out of a game in the Reserves (which he probably needs more than Bell)).
    Stephens had 41 disposals last week and was BOG

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Wicks had more tackles inside 50 than anyone ! He needs to use it better but if you are talking about those who are good with defensive pressure its silly to leave him out !
    I agree and he sets play up. Gets free and makes them pay

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Shaker View Post
    In the mix, R10: Who's pushing for selection, who's under the pump?
    This is speculating on no changes to the starting 22.
    Fairly spot on I should think. Clarke was very good. Kicked 3. Deserves to be Medical Sub. Either he or Stephens

Wicks had more tackles inside 50 than anyone ! He needs to use it better but if you are talking about those who are good with defensive pressure its silly to leave him out !
    Fair enough. We both want to see Stephens into the team on a big deck.

Who are the Swans leaving out for Stephens?

Some may suggest Blakey, however Blakey has found a role giving some ruck relief. McLean looks like he is spending less time as a relief ruckman. Blakey can also play on a wing, on half forward or half back.

Some may suggest Hewitt. Hewitt is coming off a strong game and it looks like in young Brayshaw or Mundy that he has a match up.

Some might say Robbie Fox, however you need Fox as tall cover if Rampe has to go to Fyfe.

I don’t know who to leave out? All I know is that Stephens must play on the big wide deck.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

Some may suggest Blakey, however Blakey has found a role giving some ruck relief. McLean looks like he is spending less time as a relief ruckman. Blakey can also play on a wing, on half forward or half back.

Some may suggest Hewitt. Hewitt is coming off a strong game and it looks like in young Brayshaw or Mundy that he has a match up.

Some might say Robbie Fox, however you need Fox as tall cover if Rampe has to go to Fyfe.

I don’t know who to leave out? All I know is that Stephens must play on the big wide deck.
    It won't happen. And nor should it.

We should let Hewett on Brayshaw and let Rowbottom pick up Cerra as a run with role. If we reduce their influence the game is ours. They are a much more threatening on their home deck and hence the need for reducing influence.
    I reckon Caleb Serong won’t be big enough for any of our mids. Like Parker, Mills and Joey are too big for him so there is unlikely to be any tagging from them.

I'd much prefer to see Hewett getting done HTB every now and then, than him just getting rid of it to avoid being tackled. Turnovers hurt more than anything else in today's game

Suspended by the MRP

Wicks is important to our fwd pressure. Blakey doesnt offer much , not worth wasting a spot in the team for someone who will have 4 hit outs as he did against the pies.

Hewett should stay in to play on Mundy or Brayshaw. Rowbottom goes back to play on Mundy or Fyfe when they rotate fwd , then Stephens into the mids

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    We should let Hewett on Brayshaw and let Rowbottom pick up Cerra as a run with role. If we reduce their influence the game is ours. They are a much more threatening on their home deck and hence the need for reducing influence.
    I reckon Caleb Serong won’t be big enough for any of our mids. Like Parker, Mills and Joey are too big for him so there is unlikely to be any tagging from them.
    We cant have 2 doing run with roles in the middle , too defensive . Choose one of Hewett or Rowbottom to tag Brayshaw/Mundy/Cerra/Fyfe and send the other to defence to play on them when their forward

Rowbottom going on to defence is just silly. He's a very good midfielder, who is better in the forward half if anything.
    Warner has had 2 clearances in 2 weeks.. should we send him down back to our already short backline?

As it should be (we are still 6-3, and equal third on points after all!!), it's mighty hard to get a spot in this team at the moment.

Dylan is the unlucky one as a result. Both he and Bell would definitely be getting starting runs in a number of other teams down the ladder. And we have the conundrum of Reid and Naismith making returns soon, with Campbell, Gulden and McDonald ready to return at some point. And the likes of Amartey playing super footy with minimal chance to break into this team.

I don't think the team needs changing at the moment. Leave it be for now, and reassess after the bye (injuries permitting).

- - - Updated - - -

He is currently equal 5th in the league for tackles inside 50: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...21&rt=LT&st=T5

He does some silly things sometimes but yes he does good things too . He is surprising me more every week.
    Examples?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast