Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Round 10: the other games. Who do we draw a line through?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The Carlton v Hawthorn game is pretty entertaining. I'm not taking sides and am enjoying the game. But. What a shame that Eddie McGuire can make enjoyment so painful. If Napoleon could be sent into exile, why can't something be done about McGuire?
    I've put it on mute. Even if he was a good caller - which he ain't - just the sound of his voice is enough to make you feel sick. And the faux excitement is galling because you know he really doesn't care or feel it.

But yes, it's an entertaining game.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The Carlton v Hawthorn game is pretty entertaining. I'm not taking sides and am enjoying the game. But. What a shame that Eddie McGuire can make enjoyment so painful. If Napoleon could be sent into exile, why can't something be done about McGuire?
    I listened to the end of the match on ABC Radio.

It was Carlton's first win over Hawthorn at the MCG since 2000. A few players playing in today's game were not yet born when that game in 2000 was played. When that game was played, Princes Park was still a current ground. Since 2000, Carlton had beaten Hawthorn only 3 times, because Carlton were winning spoons and Hawthorn were winning premierships. It's now 4 wins.
    Last edited by Thunder Shaker; 22nd May 2021 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Corrected the statistics.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Enjoyed the Lions comeback and convincing win last night. Looked like they were enjoying themselves, good to see.

Strange (not really) though that all the media focus is on "the Tigers lost, what should they do now" rather than "didn't the Lions do well".
    Sort of understandable considering they have won 3 out of the last 4 premierships....but also not surprising at all, considering they were thoroughly outplayed after quarter time and looked more like Carlton. The Lions do look primed to challenge anyone now.....and that should be the real take out from the match.

Crows are still hanging in there, with a chance of an upset. 5 points down, with 4 minutes to go.

Senior Player
    Adelaide taking it right up to the Demons . Great last quarter good pressure being applied by the Crows
    Big Tex kicking a goal up by a point with a minute to go

Didn’t help with the tipping but a terrific win by the Crows came back from 16 points down
    Last edited by Faunac8; 22nd May 2021 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Adelaide taking it right up to the Demons . Great last quarter good pressure being applied by the Crows
    Big Tex kicking a goal up by a point with a minute to go

Didn’t help with the tipping but a terrific win by the Crows came back from 16 points down
    Good on the Crows. Looked like their season was slipping away, but they kicked the coffin lid open.

Crows v Dees was v exciting footy . Ex Croweater , so I was v one eyed , didn’t think they could do it 16 pts down and 7 mins remaining.

Tex could have easily fumbled that mark low down . So he deserved the crack and said (after) ‘I just imagined I was back in Broken Hill “

Veterans List
    Saints foreign legion were an embarrassment, not playing finals.

Bloody Crows, local media will be sickening all week now, always best that they lose

Melbourne have started to get ahead of themselves as only Melbourne can.

Well done crows, and Matty nicks. Best game of the round.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Posted on this before, but the Saints ain’t gonna be a top four side this year or the next few. They grossly overestimated both the spread of young talent they really have, and the quality of those they brought in as recruits. A middling side who’ll occasionally make the eight, and that’s it.

Veterans List
    You can put a very, very big black Texta through the mighty "aints".

Richmond are ninth. Back where they belong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast