Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 11 v Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I feel for the Lizard
    Last year, the boy looked like he had promise!!
    I don't know if it's the second year blues.
    You know something must be wrong when you get the second year blues in your third year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You know something must be wrong when you get the second year blues in your third year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    I say that lack of arrogance might be a hindrance for Rowbottom because he is in the team as a bullocking midfielder.

He cant afford to be passive and let others around him do all the flashy stuff, he must take the onus upon himself!

...... if he doesnt learn to back himself to seize the moments more he could end up no more than an accumulator.
    That goal he kicked on the weekend was pretty darn flashy....I would say he seized the moment there. I think he's on the right track.....and we have coaches (with actual AFL experience) that will get the best out of him.

Wish I could say the same thing with confidence re: Blakey.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    That goal he kicked on the weekend was pretty darn flashy....I would say he seized the moment there. I think he's on the right track.....and we have coaches (with actual AFL experience) that will get the best out of him.

Wish I could say the same thing with confidence re: Blakey.
    Blakey and Rowbottom need to swap brains!! Rowbottom could do with letting his natural game show more he just needs the confidence to do it while Blakey i think has a little bit too much confidence in his ability and needs to get back to the basics!!

Blakey and Rowbottom need to swap brains!! Rowbottom could do with letting his natural game show more he just needs the confidence to do it while Blakey i think has a little bit too much confidence in his ability and needs to get back to the basics!!
    Maybe we should just pass on the national draft and go straight to the rookie draft where we can find confident and competent players like Rampe, Papley and Lloyd.

BTW, Carruthers made a few mistakes in the VFL, but showed plenty of promise with both his skills and athleticism. I think he will be another 1st round rookie pick that makes his mark at the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Are TB and BS two characters from the one play?
    Not a play but a TV movie: Sybil

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Great analysis! Though I still believe RB is carrying an injury. How Blakey missed seeing that Fremantle on his left side when going forward is beyond me. He definitely needs to go back to basics. McDonald was very impressive in patches in Sunday's game, I believe his inclusion is a must. Reminded me a little bit of Buddy.

Hear hear mcs. It truly does come down to the individual player! For example Cunners doesnt need to have much arrogance. His role is one built on focus and discipline in stopping the best small fwd each week!

I say that lack of arrogance might be a hindrance for Rowbottom because he is in the team as a bullocking midfielder. His game will be based around his ability to win the hard ball and crash packs, break into the clear and take the game and the opponent on! Leave them in his dust! The kinds of things Chad is currently doing and impressing with! He cant afford to be passive and let others around him do all the flashy stuff, he must take the onus upon himself!

Watching him the last few weeks there is a passiveness to him. Hes very serious and he looks unsure with the ball. It is fine to be modest and subsequently be modest with your possessions, which he seems to be doing at the moment - focusing more on getting the ball to those around him rather than doing much with it himself. But if he doesnt learn to back himself to seize the moments more he could end up no more than an accumulator. & TheBloods might be right that he doesnt find the ball enough to be an accumulator which means he needs to learn to be an impact player! And if there is one thing i dont want, its for TheBloods to be right!

Are you looking for Rowbottom to display a bit more of this?

AFL - Bryan Taylor goes nuts - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Are you looking for Rowbottom to display a bit more of this?

AFL - Bryan Taylor goes nuts - YouTube
    Couldn't hurt could it ?? LOL

Seems like the apple really does fall far from the tree in this case!!

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    Great analysis! Though I still believe RB is carrying an injury. How Blakey missed seeing that Fremantle on his left side when going forward is beyond me. He definitely needs to go back to basics. McDonald was very impressive in patches in Sunday's game, I believe his inclusion is a must. Reminded me a little bit of Buddy.
    Dermott Brereton also commented once when Blakey was one on one in the forward 50 and Buddy was kicking the ball to him that Blakey just did not understand the limitations of the kicker. Blakey was expecting a kick over the head of the defender but that needed to be a 70 - 80 m kick which would be nearly impossible for most kickers and as a forward he needed to understand this and move forwards which he did not.
    So obviously that tells me he has a problem with decision making and taking the right option. If that is a concern, He needs a pep talk that maybe what he expects himself to do with what he has been told at the junior level may not be achievable and he is likely to not reach the heights that were expected. A bitter pill to swallow for a player who has been hyped up. But again, if the pep talk happens now, he may settle down now into a very narrow role and grow from there.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Mate have you been to the scg ? We dont give a stuff about his mullet or where he played junior or went to high school ! That is the elitist @@@@ you'd expect from the Demons supporters sipping their chardonnays ! TRUE bloods fans have always admired the hard workers and the team lifters ! We dont wanna see a bloke running around out there like a peacock thinking hes the number 1 pick then stuffing it up ! If you are gonna carry on on the field you gotta be able to back it up with pure talent - Jmac, Chad these boys always get the SCG going with their energy and huge plays at crucial moments. We love THEM ! We cheer Blakey on and want him to succeed just as much as them but unfortunately he gives us more facepalms than reasons to cheer !
    Lots of faux hard language, phrasing and imagery. Plenty of CAPITAL letters for EMPHASIS. The exclamation points. Denouncing elitists and mullets in one go whilst praising the blonde tipped guy. It’s all there. The parents’ basement must be a special place.

Ins McDonald JMac
    Outs Blakey Wicks

I wouldn't drop McLean. He's been really good up until last weekend and is entitled to another chance. With McDonald in as a proper third tall, we can afford to use McLean to provide a chop out to Hickey. If Hickey is out, would we gamble on Naismith or just go with Sinclair?

Wicks looks a bit out of sorts, if JMac not fit, Lewie Taylor has been playing well enough to get a go.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast