Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 11 v Carlton

Suspended by the MRP
    Reid wont be back before the bye ! Jfc

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Agree with all of this; if anything, Blakey's skills and composure have diminished since debut.

It seems like his instinct is to go for a big play (long goal/lairy assist), and he's being coached to look for a more simple team play, but he's stuck in two minds and not playing on instinct.

It's like he needs to be re-programmed to play team-first football.

Agree re journalists; I was surprised there were no questions about his performance at today's presser.
    I reckon Blakey needs space for his disposal to be the awesome weapon that it truly can be. He doesnt get that space up forward & hasnt seemed to be able to get it on a wing (like some wingers do). To me, the only blokes who get that kind of space without much effort are half backs & i feel he should probably learn that caper back in the reserves for a bit before having a crack at it in the AFL.

I sense if Hickey wasnt so injured and struggling in the contest against Freeo and we tactically adjusted in the 3rd qtr we would have got the win. Fox out also hurt our run and chase against their forwards.

Equally we must have a fair few guys in ressies thinking they are a chance to push into the 22 if not injured?

Gulden
    Melican
    McDonald
    Reid
    Sinkers
    Gray
    Taylor
    Ronke
    McInerney
    Oriordan
    Bell
    Clarke
    Sheather?? for me this guy has 'runway' ......... there is something about him that reminds me of a young Kennedy at Hawthorn prior to coming to the Swans. ie give him a simple inside role and he could bring such relentless work rate, drive and energy
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Have Carlton flown out yet?

If lockdown is declared and Carlton are still in Melbourne, does that mean game is postponed.

Listening to Premier Gladys this morning she said that Melbourne lockdown rules would prevent Melbourne people from travelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

If lockdown is declared and Carlton are still in Melbourne, does that mean game is postponed.

Listening to Premier Gladys this morning she said that Melbourne lockdown rules would prevent Melbourne people from travelling.
    Yes, I was reading yesterday they're already out. The game should go ahead as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

The way the premiers do lockdown is they say a lockdown is starting at midnight tonight. This allows all the well heeled a few hours to get out of the state. AFL teams are part of the well-heeled.

I dont think Sydney will end up being a hub. Gladys has been the outlier premier for lockdowns, preferring to let covid cases play out over a few weeks with contact tracing, rather than lockdown. Whether this is the right approach or not, is beside the point, because all other states prefer a snap 3 or 5 day lockdown approach. Therefore, its quite likely that one of this new outbreak will spread to NSW, and quite likely NSW will try to ride it out, but the other states will shut borders with NSW during this period.

Hope the blues have been covid tested.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Suspended by the MRP
    Hope this game is postponed , too many out of form for us. Give us the bye and we will be freshened up to wipe the floor with carlton, ain't kilda and poorthorn

Veterans List
    Jon Ralph suggests the Suns Hawks game will be at the SCG. Presumably as scheduled on Saturday night. I hope they don't dig it up too much and leave us with an injury. Especially as it looks like rain both days.
    Last edited by Go Swannies; 27th May 2021 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Hope this game is postponed , too many out of form for us. Give us the bye and we will be freshened up to wipe the floor with carlton, ain't kilda and poorthorn
    You like to be controversial, don't you! A bye may or may not help. Its very problematic.

Veterans List
    Saturday 29 May

Summary
    Min 10
    Max 17
    Shower or two.
    Possible rainfall: 2 to 5 mm
    Chance of any rain: 70%
    Sydney area

Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers along the coastal fringe, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h.
    Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as rock fishing, swimming and surfing.

Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

Sunday 30 May

Summary
    Min 10
    Max 18
    Shower or two.
    Possible rainfall: 3 to 6 mm
    Chance of any rain: 80%
    Sydney area

Cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers along the coastal fringe, medium (40%) chance elsewhere. Winds southwesterly 25 to 35 km/h.
    Large and powerful surf conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities such as rock fishing, swimming and surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Jon Ralph suggests the Suns Hawks game will be at the SCG. Presumably as scheduled on Saturday night. I hope they don't dig it up too much and leave us with an injury. Especially as it looks like rain both days.
    True that... albeit to an empty stadium.

Adelaide and Richmond are playing at the GW$ stadium... where ever that is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    ... we never win after a bye
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast