Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Changes for Round 11 v Carlton

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Great call, totally agree.
    Has given everything in all of his games and his efforts can't be questioned. Additionally, he has been a great clubman since he arrived. The last couple of years, however, he has been very ordinary and this has had a big effect on us winning clearances. Wish him luck today and hope he can pull a good performance out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Has given everything in all of his games and his efforts can't be questioned. Additionally, he has been a great clubman since he arrived. The last couple of years, however, he has been very ordinary and this has had a big effect on us winning clearances. Wish him luck today and hope he can pull a good performance out of the bag.
    Its in the mindset!! Hickey has given our mids a new lease on life! They are hunting the ball and the man better than they have in years, and some added input from some fresh faces in the midfield has also helped! So i am confident that even without Hickey, our midfielders now know what they need to do to be a dangerous clearance team!! Looking forward to it!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agreed all round.

Meanwhile, Taylor will play his first game of the year as a sub. Goodo.

Veterans List
    I reckon on that game that Sinkers plays ahead of McLean when Hickey comes back in. McLean looked all at sea against the Carlton backs when the ball came in high and I question his value as a relief ruckman. When Sinkers plays forward at least he has the ability to go on a lead and read the play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I reckon on that game that Sinkers plays ahead of McLean when Hickey comes back in. McLean looked all at sea against the Carlton backs when the ball came in high and I question his value as a relief ruckman. When Sinkers plays forward at least he has the ability to go on a lead and read the play.
    On yesterday’s evidence I agree

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    On yesterday’s evidence I agree
    On the history of sinkers time at the Swans, I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    On the history of sinkers time at the Swans, I disagree.
    Lest we forget, he once kicked five goals all in the same game! He surely can’t be worse than McLean the last two weeks?

On the Sinkers vs Mclean debate, its a tricky one.

I strongly believe that if we beat the 'aints this week, we are a lock for finals. However, bottom half of the 8, and 2021 is for "finals experience" rather than seriously challangeing for a flag (although, a bit of luck...). So next weeks game is one where we should field the team most likely to win, rather than getting games into the youth.

Assuming Hickey comes back, then the role up for grabs forward/part-time ruck.
    If either Sinkers or Mclean is carrying an injury, then the other should play.
    But if both are fit, I think Mclean has more upside.

But...., it has become the trend to play two genuine rucks these days, such is the importance of centre clearences with the 666 rule.

Sinclair is a great option to have as 3rd choice ruckman. We're pretty well situated but need some another young pure ruck to develop in the background as Hickey, Naismith and, especially, Sinclair are all towards the back end of their careers.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415