Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 4 Game Day - The Season So Far

Round 4 Game Day - The Season So Far

North shore favourites, UTs could not get enough points to challege Su inner west easily as STG and pennO.
    Good chance for Andrew come
    Early tomorrow reserves start at 12 towers and jack keen to buy you a burger and as always even the boss will buy you a vb, if you front up oracle!
    Just on that point how’s the mail out AFL hearing the cricketer has gone back home?
    Only Henry the octopus was at his send off and was heard to say, sorry mate thanks for all your help you be fine my apprentice, I look after you. There’s way to many points to prove 😂

Southern Power seniors with one of the all time great comebacks today.
    Down 44-4 early in the 3rd quarter to beat Mac Uni 66-49.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Southern Power seniors with one of the all time great comebacks today.
    Down 44-4 early in the 3rd quarter to beat Mac Uni 66-49.
    That's pretty big - what ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    That's pretty big - what ground?
    Waratah Oval

Camden sitting on 22% and 12% in reserves.

Could it be time to see a Platinum club be making a push to be promoted to premier division?

I could've checked that........very lazy.

Penrith are marching on, but what's to say the same thing wouldn't happen if they went up like Camden? Was premature to send them up so early, and it is showing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I could've checked that........very lazy.

Penrith are marching on, but what's to say the same thing wouldn't happen if they went up like Camden? Was premature to send them up so early, and it is showing now.
    There is a need for a premium division our in Western Sydney to be successful, it is integral for the growth of the game in the area with the highest population growth. I guess my comments may be a bit early as this is by no means a 3-5 year plan, it's going to take years.

Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    Camden sitting on 22% and 12% in reserves.

Could it be time to see a Platinum club be making a push to be promoted to premier division?
    Short answer ... no.

There’s pros and cons for both Penrith or Power going up.

If Penrith had an U19’s program with good track record, plus an upgraded facility compared to Greygums Oval (in my view), they could easily be in Prems.

If Power weren’t located in Sutherland Shire, they could easily be in Prems.

Shouldn’t the question being asked be “Why would any Platinum Division club want to be promoted to Premier Div?”
    In Platinum the Penriths and Powers of that comp win premierships every few years, can keep their players happy, and don’t need to spend an exorbitant amount of time raising money to put competitive teams on the park.
    But if they go up to Prems they start receiving 100-200 point thrashings on a regular basis, no finals let alone premierships, players start leaving, no one looks forward to match day, rego fees go up, and time spent by volunteers on sponsorship needs to lift to another level.
    If I was at a Platinum club that is the last thing I would want.
    Fire at will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Old Puppy View Post
    North shore favourites, UTs could not get enough points to challege Su inner west easily as STG and pennO.
    Good chance for Andrew come
    Early tomorrow reserves start at 12 towers and jack keen to buy you a burger and as always even the boss will buy you a vb, if you front up oracle!
    Just on that point how’s the mail out AFL hearing the cricketer has gone back home?
    Only Henry the octopus was at his send off and was heard to say, sorry mate thanks for all your help you be fine my apprentice, I look after you. There’s way to many points to prove
    You’re not making a lot of sense there Old Puppy. I suggest you only post when you are sober, or is that just the dementia kicking in?
    But the gist of your msg is there are some at your club that want to buy me a burger? Given the loss to Norths on Sunday I suggest you hang on to your $ and buy a few more players in and send some of those local juniors back to Reserve grade.
    Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    There is a need for a premium division our in Western Sydney to be successful, it is integral for the growth of the game in the area with the highest population growth. I guess my comments may be a bit early as this is by no means a 3-5 year plan, it's going to take years.
    It's a tough one. Camden would have probably known it was premature, but they also knew if they didn't take the Premier Division license when it was offered to them they wouldn't be asked again.

In their first year they were competitive. Lost three games at home by a kick, if they'd won them they'd have been in the mix for the finals. Unfortunately they've been less competitive every year since then.
    There's some good people down there at Camden. But it's so hard to keep morale up at a club when you're getting belted by 100 points every week.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Almost Football Legend
    [Moved this discussion to a new thread to separate from the tipping comp]

Play on!

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast