Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 12 vs St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If Hickey is fit, then he comes in for Sinkers. I'm okay with Sinkers, but he is our 3rd ruckman and not quite good enough to be the #2 forward. If he were a developing young forward, I would take a different view, but there's little to be gained playing Sinkers as a forward when we have 3 developing key forwards in McLean, Amartey and McDonald needing developing time. I would rather save the spot for one of them. I would be more patient with McLean, except that we have others waiting to take a turn in the seniors. The way McLean performed the past 2 games, we could hardly do worse regardless who we bring in to replace him. Maybe another combo will work better with Franklin. Worth a look.

If Fox comes in, I don't think it should be for Brand, who played well and we need the height. I would like to give Stephens another week, but he would be the one to drop if we want to include Fox.
    Looking at their back half, it would be fine to leave the forward group as it is. I thought Brand did some nice things, not sure he is as mobile as Melican but nevertheless did nothing wrong and would be stiff to miss out if the team selection feel that Rampe on Membrey, McCartin on King and Fox on Coffield or Dawson on coffield is all we need this week then Brand misses out. .

The VFL team hasn’t played so would leave Stephens on the team but geez he needs to stop looking over his shoulder to check if he is doing the right thing or not and play some instinctive footy. At the moment he just appears that he is getting lost in the structure and doesn’t know what he is supposed to be doing.

Hickey for sinkers

Veterans List
    While Buddy is up and running bring in Logan to learn from the master. Who goes out, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    Looking at their back half, it would be fine to leave the forward group as it is. I thought Brand did some nice things, not sure he is as mobile as Melican but nevertheless did nothing wrong and would be stiff to miss out if the team selection feel that Rampe on Membrey, McCartin on King and Fox on Coffield or Dawson on coffield is all we need this week then Brand misses out. .
    The Saints' forward line is likely to be somewhat different than you think. They played Mason Wood on Saturday and also pushed Josh Battle forward. With King and Membrey, they could have 4 tall marking targets if they play them all at the same time. I think Brand should take King and the other 3 can be covered by McCartin, Dawson and Rampe. We shouldn't be beaten for height with these matchups.

The Saints' also have plenty of small forwards who can hit the scoreboard. Billings played well on Saturday. The matchups are hard to pick as there are so many options.

Their goal kicking has been horrid this year. But you never know when an out of form side finds the goals. The Saints' have the personnel to win on, but simply haven't performed on the field.

The Saints' forward line is likely to be somewhat different than you think. They played Mason Wood on Saturday and also pushed Josh Battle forward. With King and Membrey, they could have 4 tall marking targets if they play them all at the same time. I think Brand should take King and the other 3 can be covered by McCartin, Dawson and Rampe. We shouldn't be beaten for height with these matchups.

The Saints' also have plenty of small forwards who can hit the scoreboard. Billings played well on Saturday. The matchups are hard to pick as there are so many options.

Their goal kicking has been horrid this year. But you never know when an out of form side finds the goals. The Saints' have the personnel to win on, but simply haven't performed on the field.
    Nothing to do with football, but I'd thought you'd like to know. It's half time at my local trivia comp. The final question of the round was, "True or false: pigs can absorb oxygen through their rectums?"

Regular in the Side
    R12 Fixture Changes. Swans will host this round.
    Saturday, June 5
    Sydney v St Kilda at the SCG, 1.45pm AEST

Ch 7 news tonight reported the game this week will be played at the SCG (and not Cairns as tipped).

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Nothing to do with football, but I'd thought you'd like to know. It's half time at my local trivia comp. The final question of the round was, "True or false: pigs can absorb oxygen through their rectums?"
    You're keeping a brother hanging ...

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Keep following RWO and you'll never lose a trivia comp again.

High quality footballs are still made from pig skin, but the ones made from rectally infused oxygen pigs can be very pricey.

Is a barrel kicked football called a pork barrel? Could be a trick question.

Here's something to keep in mind in case you come up against some RWO members in the trivia comp: Columns have bottoms. Rows have stubs.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Ch 7 news tonight reported the game this week will be played at the SCG (and not Cairns as tipped).
    Swans.com.au are reporting the same.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Is it a ticketed event or played to an empty stadium

Is a barrel kicked football called a pork barrel? Could be a trick question.
    No, a torp would be a cob roller.

I heard the umps are considering bringing a new rule after the bye. Players will now be penalised for hogging the ball.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Is it a ticketed event or played to an empty stadium
    It's been switched with the late season game between the two sides. That will now be at Marvel (Covid permitting). So as it's now our home game, members should be able to access the game in the same way as for every other home game, albeit at short notice.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast