I suppose that the AFL would have been very pleased with their decision to split Indigenous Round in to two rounds, if they got lucky and were able to play Dreamtime at the G, at the G. But unfortunately, that didn't pan out and the Essendon v Richmond game will be played in Perth on Saturday. Not to worry: I suspect that with the lighting available at Optus, there will be some sort of spectacular celebrations.

The first game of the round, is one of three to be played in Sydney: Melbourne v Brisbane at Giants. Let's hope that it gets something like a decent crowd; as I can't see it being anything other than a close and tough encounter between two quality sides. And I bear no ill will towards either side. In fact, if we don't win the premiership, then I wouldn't mind either of these two winning.

The first Saturday game is also in Sydney, when we take on St Kilda. Strangely, despite some horrendous losses, St Kilda are still some sort of chance of making the eight. Let's just hope we focus on that, rather than becoming complacent, after taking note of their capitulations.

The next game is Adelaide at home to Collingwood. Even though it's 15th v 16th, it seems like Adelaide have been performing much better of the two, and should inflict further misery on Collingwood. And speaking of Collingwood misery, there was an article on the AFL site, which suggested that there's more salary cap pain to come for the Pies. Which makes me wonder, just by how much have been over the cap in the past?

The Saturday night game is the aforementioned Essendon v Richmond clash. Let's hope that Perth can put on a decent celebration, as I do think that the AFL has something to celebrate, with the high level of indigenous involvement in the game. Although, it's probably time to expand that involvement, from largely just players, and into coaching, management and officialdom.

It's back to the SCG again for the first Sunday game, between Carlton and West Coast. Carlton are clear favourites for this at $1.56. Which is probably fair enough, as West Coast are injury ridden and have been generally terrible away from Perth, while if Carlton don't win, then they have very little chance of getting their star studded side into the eight.

The final match is Fremantle v Western Bulldogs. The Bulldogs are pretty short at $1.39, but I can sense an upset brewing. Fremantle are pretty good at home and the large partisan crowd, may be able to convince the umpires to award a few illegal disposal frees.

And by the way, Geelong, Gold Coast, GWS, Port, Hawthorn and North all have byes. Which means that Hawthorn and North supporters, should be able to enjoy the round a bit more than usual.