Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: R12 Swans V Saints @SCG - Live

R12 Swans V Saints @SCG - Live

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Thank God that's over. I couldn't handle it. I need to wash my mouth out I was swearing too much!
    I was similar (although my swearing was tempered by having young kids in the house). There is something awful about watching games that you are expected to win. It is rarely satisfying.

So relieved to win that . The Saints aren’t really too shabby apart from Higgins kicking ...

What doesn’t work for us : bombing into forward packs .
    So why keep on doing it ..

Great to see Jimmy ice the game from a free .

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I would like to pump up the tires of 2 underated players....Cunningham and Hewett were fantastic IMHO.

Hewett hardly ever turns it over.
    Cunningham has been very good lately. And he wasn't too bad, last year, when he came fifth in the Skilton Medal.

And speaking of last year, I sat through the final quarter of the last time we played the Saints, when they piled on a heap of late goals, to end up beating us 101-48. It's interesting how quickly things have changed: in that now, probably most of us fans, are a bit disappointed with only a 9 point win.

Veterans List
    Just got in from work, about to watch the game on replay. Am I to assume there might be some soft/non frees to Saints during this game?

As a general comment, there are far too many soft frees paid across most games, some are double the total frees of other games and when you watch those you roll your eyes at some of the soft/non frees paid. Just let the game flow umpires, it's not about you!

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I would like to pump up the tires of 2 underated players....Cunningham and Hewett were fantastic IMHO.

Hewett hardly ever turns it over.
    Totally agree. I wasn't too keen on Hewett playing defence, and I'm still not, but his last 2 games have been great. He should go back in the midfield. We have other defenders.

It's probably a bit out of place, for the AFL site to use the term, 'missy' Higgins. If they did something similar to one of our players, I wouldn't be impressed.

Although, a part of me finds it pretty funny.

How do we let Higgens take 12 marks? The most he's had in any previous game was 6 and averaging around 3. Fox was on him at the start of the game. I don't recall if we switched in the 2nd half. This was probably the worst game Fox has played for a while. Kennedy with only 14 disposals; must be a career low or close to it.

Just for a moment, let's consider the htb decision against mccartin. The bank was between King's legs. Now, for the last 4 weeks it has been almost impossible to be paid holding the ball. If the umpire saw the ball between king's legs, why did he pay it? If he didn't see the ball, why did he pay it? It was right in front of the goals. A mistake will cost the swans a goal. I just wish Longmire would raise it and take the fine.

Opti-pessi-misti
    No wonder Rampe was frustrated, giving away stupid, certain-goal free kicks. He should not have to play on the tallest forward. When we meet a team with three tall forwards rotating through their forward line and a good midfield we will be in real trouble.

So good that we won though. Did we deserve to? I think I will say - yes.

I do feel for Jack Higgins but his missed goals helped make up for the questionable umpiring decisions that led to the same number of goals that the Saints did kick.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Higgins will have nightmares about today

Saints have the umpires in their pocket, we have Higgins
    Part of the AFL match report's headline......'missy' Higgins. I like it!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    I'd like to thank everybody here for being patient with my temper tantrum...but honestly, the shocking umpiring in AFL ( it always seems to be against us) makes me sooooo crazy angry....

I've also had a pretty bad week in terms of work etc...so it's nice to let off some steam

Thanks again all
    Vent on here anytime you like Daisi.....that's what RWO is for......mod's permitting.

Regular in the Side
    For the record - the strange? biased? incapable ? brilliant ? umpires today : Curtis Deboy (11), Robert Findlay (23), Nathan Toner (38) !!!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast