Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swans on Youtube.

Veterans List

Swans on Youtube.

Just thought a thread containing links to Swans stuff on Youtube might be good and I'll kick it off by supplying a few links to Swans oriented content that I have come across.

Starting with Swans fan Riles, who puts up Swans highlight videos each week and other great footy content. Here's his home page:

Riles - YouTube

Another is 'Rob Reacts', an English guy who has discovered Aussie Rules and has decided to follow the Swans after a fan sent him a Swans jumper:

Rob Reacts - YouTube

....and here is his Swans 'conversion' vid:

Rob Reacts... I now support Sydney Swans - AFL - YouTube

Feel free to put up links to any other Swans youtube content that you may find....including certain club history, like this:

Saving South - YouTube

Rob also has a reaction vid to that mini doco here: Rob Reacts to... 'Saving South' - When South Melbourne became Sydney Swans - YouTube

Hope you enjoy and cheers.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 7th June 2021 at 03:08 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Just thought a thread containing links to Swans stuff on Youtube might be good and I'll kick it off by supplying a few links to Swans oriented content that I have come across.

Starting with Swans fan Riles, who puts up Swans highlight videos each week and other great footy content. Here's his home page:

Riles - YouTube

Another is 'Rob Reacts', an English guy who has discovered Aussie Rules and has decided to follow the Swans after a fan sent him a Swans jumper:

Rob Reacts - YouTube

Feel free to put up links to any other Swans youtube content that you may find....including certain club history, like this:

Saving South - YouTube

Rob also has a reaction vid to that mini doco here: Rob Reacts to... 'Saving South' - When South Melbourne became Sydney Swans - YouTube

Thanks for posting this- it was a very bitter time, not really resolved for 20 years or so until Paul Roos became coach. At one stage there was a proposal to change colours to NSW blue. If implemented, it would have decimated the old South fans, including myself. Recommended viewing for forum members not aware of how the Sydney Swans were born.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post

Riles - YouTube

Rob Reacts - YouTube

Saving South - YouTube

Thanks Stevo. You've already got me following Riles. Riles produces high quality highlights videos of our games but the videos only feature OUR highlights, not that pesky stuff from opposition teams. I, too, highly recommend his work!

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Thanks for posting this- it was a very bitter time, not really resolved for 20 years or so until Paul Roos became coach. At one stage there was a proposal to change colours to NSW blue. If implemented, it would have decimated the old South fans, including myself. Recommended viewing for forum members not aware of how the Sydney Swans were born.
    In the Edelsten time (shudder) a proposal to wear green and gold was floated. How lucky we were to emerge from those days relatively unscathed. I will always revere Paul Roos for what he did to unite the disparate branches of our supporter base. And for winning a flag. That too.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    In the Edelsten time (shudder) a proposal to wear green and gold was floated. How lucky we were to emerge from those days relatively unscathed. I will always revere Paul Roos for what he did to unite the disparate branches of our supporter base. And for winning a flag. That too.
    Agree 100 per cent. His experience at Fitzroy and how they folded helped us as well. Legendary Swans figure.

Veterans List
    My dad said at the time that if they changed their colours he would stop following them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    My dad said at the time that if they changed their colours he would stop following them.
    I'm not your dad but I said that to my 4-year-old son too. Happy to say he's grown up to be a fiercely loyal Swan.

While only some of it concerns his time at the Swans, this edition of The Front Bar has an extended segment with Derek Kickett.

The Front Bar - (3/06/21) - YouTube

He comes on at about the 27:30 mark.

Veterans List
    Me too....had this happened, I'd probably be a Cats fan now. So glad we are still the Red and White Swans.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    While only some of it concerns his time at the Swans, this edition of The Front Bar has an extended segment with Derek Kickett.

The Front Bar - (3/06/21) - YouTube

He comes on at about the 27:30 mark.
    That was extremely entertaining......geeze he was a talent!

Also the doco trailer shown before Nicky Winmar came on, "The Ripple Effect" by Peter Dickson looks like a ripper.....and one the entire country needs to view and learn from. Just the trailer alone is disturbing and powerful.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 10th June 2021 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    I seem to remember an article that had a mock up of a picture of Tony Morwood (taking a mark IIRC) in a green jumper with a gold V ... shudders involuntarily

Veterans List
    Here's a couple more Swans related youtube channels that I have discovered.

Riles, now 'Riles Macca' has started another channel with some mates called 'The Bloods Culture': The Bloods Culture - YouTube

The Bloods Culture - YouTube

Also there is a podcast channel called 'A Quick Bevy': A Quick Bevy - Sydney Swans Podcast - YouTube

Latest chat is with Nick Smith and it's quite entertaining.

A Quick Bevy (Swans Podcast) - Episode 8 : Special Guest - Nick Smith - YouTube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast