Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    OUT:
    Le Chad
    Bringing Blakey back before the bye
    Moving George to the middle

IN:
    Stephens
    Le Chad? Was that a song by Daft Punk? Or something on the Call My Agent soundtrack?

Agree with those changes, though.

Outs - Chad, Fox, Wicks
    Ins - Brand, Stephens, Blakey

I would get Florent or Parker to rotate and play some more time in place of Wicks. Stephens and Blakey to provide run and spread through the midfield.

I like the idea of Blakey spending some time off half back.
    Last edited by Bangalore Swans; 7th June 2021 at 10:47 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    The kick was so well placed that it resembled a QB dropping a long pass into an imaginary bucket for the WR.
    What the heck is a WR ?
    Your chosen comparison requires translation so that it has some relevance to the subject at hand. i.e AFL
    Not sure what you were attempting to highlight or compare ?
    I think we all understand that it was a well weighted kick into space for a teammate to run onto.

It's a Wide Receiver. Who a QB often throws to.

Chad has shown that he can be incredibly damaging. His ability to find space where there is none, or to break tackles whilst on the move, is seriously impressive.
    But it's fair to say the frequency of it in game is declining as the season grows. This is no blight on him, just a young player developing. And it's no surprise he was "playing sore", most of them would be. An extended break over the next 21 days will do him well. Going to be great to see him, Campbell and Gulden all return soon after the bye.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Taylor deserves another shot at AFL. Easy to forget he played 110 odd games in 5 or 6 years with the Lions, including winning a rising star. He's been dominating the ressies and we signed him for 3 yrs. It's now or never really.

Out: Fox, Warner
    In: Brand, Taylor

Still think Fox is best 22 but that was a stinker and Brand looked good the previous week and is better suited to take on his old team

I'd also give Rowbottom a rest if we can bring in O'Riordan and put Hewett in the midfield
    I think this is the best summation of what we should do this week.

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    It's a Wide Receiver. Who a QB often throws to.

Chad has shown that he can be incredibly damaging. His ability to find space where there is none, or to break tackles whilst on the move, is seriously impressive.
    But it's fair to say the frequency of it in game is declining as the season grows. This is no blight on him, just a young player developing. And it's no surprise he was "playing sore", most of them would be. An extended break over the next 21 days will do him well. Going to be great to see him, Campbell and Gulden all return soon after the bye.
    Chad’s demonstration of power and beaking the lines capability reminds me of a young Luke Parker.

Chad is probably ahead of Luke Parker at the same age.

I think in the post Buddy era that Chad will be the Swans most marketable player.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I think this is the best summation of what we should do this week.
    Except the O'Riordan bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Except the O'Riordan bit.
    It's either him or Stephens

I'd hate to see Blakey back. He needs to earn his spot from now on

Senior Player
    Chad’s demonstration of power and beaking the lines capability reminds me of a young Luke Parker.

I think in the post Buddy era that Chad will be the Swans most marketable player.
    That’s a big call and be interesting to see if you’re correct. Generally a lot of the media focus in Sydney has been on forwards who kick goals so maybe Logan could potentially develop into being the figurehead if we can keep him from going home too early.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    It's either him or Stephens

I'd hate to see Blakey back. He needs to earn his spot from now on
    I think the two changes you proposed are fine; with the bye the following week, there's no need to rest Rowbottom unless he's injured.

I think you might have been smoking something if you saw Luke Parker breaking lines like Le Chad.

He’s definitely an eye-catching player in full flight.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast