Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd 13 vs Hawthorn

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    We are clearly both Platnium members of the Chad fan club.

I think Chad has the charisma, the dash, the hair, the physical hardness and the elite skill level to be our most marketable player. That goal out of the middle against Richmond was vintage marketable Chad.

Chad also has a superstar name. You have Dusty, Danger, Buddy, Bont, Fyfe and now Chad.

The thing with Heeney is that every season he tends to spend some time out injured meaning that we don’t see him in action all the time.
    Ahem *clears throat* We are all members of the Chad fan club. You and TheBloods have no bigger claim on that than anyone here, you're both just noisy and a little over the top about it......so stop carrying on like you both discovered him. That was Kinnear.....and The Chad actually has a little more to prove before being put in the same sentence as Buddy, Dusty, Danger, Fyfe and The Bont! Let's hope he handles the weight of expectation. I am confident he will but nothing is set in stone.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 8th June 2021 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Ahem *clears throat* We are all members of the Chad fan club. You and TheBloods have no bigger claim on that than anyone here, you're both just noisy and a little over the top about it......so stop carrying on like you both discovered him. That was Kinnear.....and The Chad actually has a little more to prove before being put in the same sentence as Buddy, Dusty, Danger, Fyfe and The Bont! Let's hope he handles the weight of expectation. I am confident he will but nothing is set in stone.
    It’s obvious I didn’t discover Chad. The recruitment staff did. TheBloods bought shares in Chad before I did.

A mate of mine, who watched some Swans pre-season training got on Chad far earlier than most. I asked him whom was training well in pre-season. He said “Chad” straight away. He said the young man was training at very high intensity and hitting in hard.

The deal for me was 100% done when Chad stormed out of the middle against Richmond, broke that tackle and slammed through that goal. It was class, confidence, intensity, strength breaking lines and skill. No other Swans midfielder could have kicked that goal.

We all think he has a way to travel. I’m just enjoying watching him play and I like to get just a little bit hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Why is it nonsense to be ####### happy we've got two potentially generational talents in our ranks ? Something to celebrate imho , great drafting

And im told im negative !
    Let's have a look at two of your outrageous claims. Number one: "Parker is a warrior who will give his all but if he tried to do half the things Chad does he would get nowhere and he knows that and has made himself a Bloods great by sticking to what he is best at ! Chad has the makings of Paul kelly ..." The comparison between Parker and Warner as well as Kelly and Warner is ridiculous at this stage. Warner looks like a player, but you're making out that he's Messianic.

I'm excited by him too, but your second claim, "He and Jmac are on different levels to the rest as players ..." is belittling to the other players we have on our list. Better than Kennedy and the career he's had? Better than Buddy? Rampe?

Get off the grass or whatever other substance you're on. It's delusional dribble as is the crap you espouse about Rowbottom.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    That goal out of the middle against Richmond was vintage marketable Chad.
    Indeed it was.

I have no issue with Warner getting a rest this week, even if he had no sore leg. Young players need to be eased into the game as their bodies are not fully developed. Longmire had this to say in an interview that focused on McDonald:

The Swans have been quick to rest their young guns since first-year players Braeden Campbell and Errol Gulden were sidelined with stress reactions after round eight.

"[Warner] has just had a sore spot for a couple of weeks on his leg, so he may not play this week," Longmire said.

"He might be one of those younger boys that we're conscious of shielding early, with Gulden and Campbell getting those workload issues.

"One of the things about playing younger players, it's great and it's fantastic, but you've still got to be mindful that they're still growing, they're still developing."
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Let's have a look at two of your outrageous claims. Number one: "Parker is a warrior who will give his all but if he tried to do half the things Chad does he would get nowhere and he knows that and has made himself a Bloods great by sticking to what he is best at ! Chad has the makings of Paul kelly ..." The comparison between Parker and Warner as well as Kelly and Warner is ridiculous at this stage. Warner looks like a player, but you're making out that he's Messianic.

I'm excited by him too, but your second claim, "He and Jmac are on different levels to the rest as players ..." is belittling to the other players we have on our list. Better than Kennedy and the career he's had? Better than Buddy? Rampe?

Get off the grass or whatever other substance you're on. It's delusional dribble as is the crap you espouse about Rowbottom.
    A grade conclusion jumping there !

I said Chad has the MAKINGS OF Kells. Same physical traits and same attack at the contest and skill , I said that its UNLIKELY but if he works hard and doesnt get ahead of himself he will be the closest thing we have had to the skipper

PArker is a bull he has had double digits in contested possessions every year since 2014 , Skilton medals, All Australians, runner up in Brownlow, co-captaincy his record speaks for itself but no one is about to accuse him of being quick and being able to kick goals on the run or explode away from stoppages like Chad can. Thats just a fact , if you want to pretend like that is how Parker plays then you do you

When i refer to him and Jmac i am referring to the next generation ! Obviously they cant hold candles to the superstars you mentioned. It doesnt mean they wont one day but they arent there yet. They are just the young swans who have shown themselves to have the most talent , its not intended as a knock on the rest I just think highly of those two they are super talents and again if you want to pretend others their age can do what they can then i cant stop you

Cant win with you lot , if i criticise a player im being negative unfair etc when i pump up the players i like im delusional and outrageous ! Ridiculous

Goes up to 11
    A bit less aggression and sweariness would be a start.

Might help bring some other posters who've been around for a while back into the discussion.

The constant bickering on here currently is a bad vibe. Sorry.

Hmmmm funny the excuses about certain players being injured but it turns out its CHAD who has been playing injured ! and still doing well ! Tough kid

Mids need to step up extra this week

Please no BLakey
    Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Stop it.
    It’s quite phenomenal that half of the Hawthorn side is completely unrecognisable. Don’t even know how to suggest what their strengths would be and who should come into the team !

But I am hoping that Longmire rests whoever needs a rest and doesn’t take injured players into the game. We were ridiculously close to losing last week and we would be more tired than last week and Hawks well rested.

Out Warner
    In Lewis Taylor

Med sub - Stephens

Noticed that Ben Ronke after being out for such a long time laid 10 tackles in the VFL. I haven’t watched the game but he needs to do that more consistently to be able to challenge Wicks and Gulden for that one spot in the forward line.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    AFL website is suggesting Bell in for Warner, Taylor as medical sub.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    It’s quite phenomenal that half of the Hawthorn side is completely unrecognisable. Don’t even know how to suggest what their strengths would be and who should come into the team !

But I am hoping that Longmire rests whoever needs a rest and doesn’t take injured players into the game. We were ridiculously close to losing last week and we would be more tired than last week and Hawks well rested.

Out Warner
    In Lewis Taylor

Med sub - Stephens

Noticed that Ben Ronke after being out for such a long time laid 10 tackles in the VFL. I haven’t watched the game but he needs to do that more consistently to be able to challenge Wicks and Gulden for that one spot in the forward line.
    I thought Ronke's pressure in the 2's was quite good. He is a fair straight swap for Wicks if they are going to rest him

Cant win with you lot , if i criticise a player im being negative unfair etc when i pump up the players i like im delusional and outrageous ! Ridiculous
    TB, if you want to champion our young talent then have at it! It makes for a welcome change from the badgering of the few you don't like! I think it's fantastic you have such faith in those lads! I definitely wouldn't complain if you channeled your energy into barracking for our players and perhaps laid off those you don't rate as highly. The Chad might be the next Paul Kelly, and Juzzy might be the next AA wingman! Or they might not be! But it can't hurt to dream big!!

We will miss Chad this week but im very confident in the depth of talent we have - any of Blakey, Stephens, Bell or Taylor could come in and do a job to get us over the line against the poo & wee!!

Cheer cheer!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It's likely to be cold and wet on Friday night. Yesterday the weather forecast (the one I read, anyway) indicated Friday might be OK (after a miserable Wednesday and Thursday) but now it's indicating the bad weather will continue into Friday. That suggests we need solid bodies who can hunt the ball and hold their feet. Taylor's skill limitations might not be as much of a handicap at they would be on a dry night. And an extra tall in defence may not be so valuable.
    If as you say it will be wet Liz, maybe just one change: OUT: Chad. IN: Squizzy.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast