Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam Goodes and Hall of Fame

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    It was going to come out one way or another when Adam didn't turn up at the event. It was published respectfully enough by Robbo, who i don't usually give my time to
    They wouldn't invite him against his wishes. Wouldn't have come out except for the article.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    It's clear to see just how raw it all still is for almost everyone that posts here. It would be magnified further again for Adam.
    Good on him. Once again a demonstration of his resolute credibility. Forever a Legend for the red and white.
    It's raw for us. We don't know how much it eats at Adam but it's entirely possible that he's completely moved on and doesn't give it any thought. Except to the extent that he no longer wants to have anything to do with AFL (apart from possibly minor contact with the Swans).

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    It was going to come out one way or another when Adam didn't turn up at the event. It was published respectfully enough by Robbo, who i don't usually give my time to
    Sure, when he wasn't inducted people would wonder why but then the AFL could quietly confirm that he'd decline an invitation. That seems to be what Adam wanted. I'm not surprised that the media has reported it once they got hold of the story, but that doesn't make it any more "right" IMO to disregard his request.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Sure, when he wasn't inducted people would wonder why but then the AFL could quietly confirm that he'd decline an invitation. That seems to be what Adam wanted. I'm not surprised that the media has reported it once they got hold of the story, but that doesn't make it any more "right" IMO to disregard his request.
    Hi liz, i am with you that it doesn't make it right as it is none of our business if and when Adam chooses to reconcile with the AFL. I do however think it was going to be a media storm either way, whether the news was leaked earlier by Robbo or after the facts once Adam was a no-show. If anything, it getting out to the media ahead of the HoF event has given the public the time and the opportunity to reflect on why Adam declined and to discuss the ways in which he was so wronged by the industry in the first place!

Good on Adam. A principled man who knows himself and what he stands for. A human being I have utmost respect for. Can't say the same about Mike Fitzpatrick. Adam's rejection of the AFL is like the proverbial albatross, hanging around its proverbial neck. Long may it stay there stinking the place up and causing discomfort.

Veterans List
    If we didn't come out after half time in that disgraceful WCE game I would have felt it entirely appropriate. Worst display of mass human behaviour I have seen. How many of those hypocrites would have attended the Dreamtime game on the weekend. The media lauded the West Aussies who made it a sellout.

Senior Player
    Highly recommend watching this clip of Eddie Betts on the issue: https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/...546677761?s=19.

Senior Player
    It's also interesting/depressing/probably appropriate that Fox Footy disabled the replies to that tweet, unlike other tweets tonight posting snippets of 360.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Typical of Robbo. Always scoop driven, rather than supporting Adam's wishes.
    Not right in this instance. Robbo was very firm in his support of Adam at the time and his view that the booing absolutely was racist. I've never heard him waver on that on the occasions it's come up since. We needed more such voices.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

People will ask, what will it take to correct this great injustice.?.
    It will take substantial action. At the time, I said the swans should abandon games and play to empty stadiums. Impossible it was said. Then covid hit, and empty stadiums was actually pretty easy.

The other 2021 nominies should also reject their nominations. What a powerful message against the hollow AFL virtue signalling, that to say.. "if its not ok with adam, its not ok for me either".

Anyone know who the other nominies are?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    People will ask, what will it take to correct this great injustice.?.
    It will take substantial action. At the time, I said the swans should abandon games and play to empty stadiums. Impossible it was said. Then covid hit, and empty stadiums was actually pretty easy.

The other 2021 nominies should also reject their nominations. What a powerful message against the hollow AFL virtue signalling, that to say.. "if its not ok with adam, its not ok for me either".

Anyone know who the other nominies are?
    It's human nature to want to "fix" things, correct injustices, but this period of 2013-2015 when Adam was basically hounded out of the game
    for saying some things that anyone with a full sized brain knows to be true anyway is a time that football, and in a wider context the country,
    can't get back.
    Mostly people want Adam to "come back to the game" so that they (not him) can feel okay. They want to feel that the sport they love and
    get a lot of pleasure from is somehow separate from the ills of the world and the country they live in is different from the others.
    But it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    From the Fitzpatrick statement in 2015.... "I have been fortunate to be a director of the two organisations in Australia which I believe have
    achieved much for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders - Rio Tinto and the AFL". Yep, not just the AFL, but Rio Tinto as well. The twin towers
    of virtue signaling in this country.
    Forgive my forgetfulness, but wasn't Rio Tinto the mob who blew up sacred gorges in Western Australia?
    Even if it wasn't, you're raping land for profit.
    Last edited by AnnieH; 9th June 2021 at 11:01 AM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I spent last night out-trolling racist trolls doling out the same crap... he staged, he's a toss, blah, blah, blah, and shut a lot of people up.
    Don't troll a troller.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast