Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Adam Goodes and Hall of Fame

I never balked at asking for 2 Neanderthals (port supporters) To be removed from a corporate box I was invited to at Adelaide oval in 2015 what they were calling Goodes was appalling & obscene as soon as he went near the ball they started - I asked the security guards to take them to task. There were 3 other swans supporters (Women) in the box & we 4 women stood our ground. They were evicted from the box- One of the men went to give me a spray - I gave him a look that showed so much disgust he retreated. The company that flew me over apologised like there was no tomorrow and so they bloody should. The two evicted men I hope they realised how pathetic, disgraceful & embarrassing to their employer they were.
    Last edited by Wardy; 11th June 2021 at 09:13 PM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I never balked at asking for 2 Neanderthals (port supporters) To be removed from a corporate box I was invited to at Adelaide oval in 2015 what they were calling Goodes was appalling & obscene as soon as he went near the ball they started - I asked the security guards to take them to task. There were 3 other swans supporters (Women) in the box & we 4 women stood our ground. They were evicted from the box- One of the men went to give me a spray - I gave him a look that showed so much disgust he retreated. The company that flew me over apologised like there was no tomorrow and so they bloody should. The two evicted men I hope they realised how pathetic, disgraceful & embarrassing to their employer they were.
    Great story! More power to you.

Adam has turned his Instagram account to private again, a sure sign that the publicity about his decline of the Hall of Fame award has brought abusive comments to his account.

This has happened before, then after a period Adam returned his account to public viewing using the Instagram ‘restrict comments’ function. My guess is that there has been such a surge in the amount of abuse that ‘restrict’ has not been sufficient.

Makes my blood boil that Adam, a decent, humble and kind man, is subject to such foul behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I spent last night out-trolling racist trolls doling out the same crap... he staged, he's a toss, blah, blah, blah, and shut a lot of people up.
    Don't troll a troller.
    Well played Annie. I try not to engage with it anymore because it just makes me angry and sad.

WTF is it that makes people need to explain away poor behaviour by putting the blame back on the victim? Just shut up and listen when someone says they’re hurting. Maybe you’ll learn something.

https://afl.app.link/nA2KD5kd8gb

Senior Player
    Thoughtful and well written opinion piece that doesn’t focus on the R word but rather on the sheer brilliance of the great man and how his love for the game he graced for so long has evaporated.

Thinking about Goodes

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Thoughtful and well written opinion piece that doesn’t focus on the R word but rather on the sheer brilliance of the great man and how his love for the game he graced for so long has evaporated.

Thinking about Goodes
    Thanks Faunac8 - a very well constructed view of what happened. And I particularly liked the portrayal of one of our greatest games and Adam's contribution.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Adam Goodes and Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post

Thinking about Goodes
    Thanks for posting. Wonderful article. Though reading it made me cry a little ...

Oh, and reminded me to make my annual donation to GO Foundation before end of financial year.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    A great piece, and all the better for anchoring it in one of the great performances, the 2003 final against Port.

I still have vivid memories of him contesting a ruck contest against Brogan on the wing, when he comes in on the defensive side of the ruck, then somehow leaps to have his hips at least head high, contorts his body mid-air, fists the ball forward to Crouch and off the play goes to big Bazza who goes bang from 50m. An astonishing bit of athleticism that summed up his brilliance that day.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    A great piece, and all the better for anchoring it in one of the great performances, the 2003 final against Port.

I still have vivid memories of him contesting a ruck contest against Brogan on the wing, when he comes in on the defensive side of the ruck, then somehow leaps to have his hips at least head high, contorts his body mid-air, fists the ball forward to Crouch and off the play goes to big Bazza who goes bang from 50m. An astonishing bit of athleticism that summed up his brilliance that day.
    I have to agree that was an amazing piece of ruck work. I revisited the highlights after reading that article and it was some performance by the Swans BBBH played a great game . I was living overseas at the time so had to rely on the internet to keep abreast of things so unfortunately missed watching the game.

Regular in the Side
    Thanks Faunac8 for pointing out that article. It was wonderful.
    Even most of the comments are reasonable, which is unusual in any article about Goodes unfortunately.

My favourite recollection of the great man was from 2003 v Collingwood at Docklands stadium. He must have covered every inch of turf at that stadium, no one could go with him. And the best part was I was in the Collingwood President's function, so got to see McGuire's meltdown close up.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Anyone know where I can watch the entirety of this game online? Would love to watch the whole thing as I was a bit too young to realise its significance at the time and I know Goodesy won a brownlow for playing ruck but its hard to find highlights of him playing in the ruck

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Thanks Faunac8 for pointing out that article. It was wonderful.
    Even most of the comments are reasonable, which is unusual in any article about Goodes unfortunately.

My favourite recollection of the great man was from 2003 v Collingwood at Docklands stadium. He must have covered every inch of turf at that stadium, no one could go with him. And the best part was I was in the Collingwood President's function, so got to see McGuire's meltdown close up.
    That game was the beginning of a brilliant number of years for Adam. Unstoppable that night. Wore a red glove on one hand IIRC.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast