2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    who p[ays who in the finals, icant remember
    Are you looking for this?

AFL final eight system - Wikipedia

Well, so far: Dees, Dogs, Cats, Port, Lions and Sydney play finals this year

Who do we want to play / not want to play in finals?

I reckon I’d love to play WCE in VIC (GMHBA?)

less keen on GW$, Tigers or Bombers

Keep away from Port as I think they are a sleeper.. (underplaying all year and dangerous!)

Weagles lifted against the demons enough to remind why they were a finals lock for the year. Agree however that playing them at GMHBA would be preferable..

Tigers, Saints, Bombers and Giants are fighting for the 8th and 7th if Eagles have given up...

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    You could play around with this until you get the result you like AFL ladder predictor

I have us (5) playing the bombers (8) in week one. I don't like that at all.
    On the plus side, I have the Tiggers finishing in 9th
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I think I'd rather finish 5th and play the Bombers than finish 6th and play GWS, even with Stringer in such strong form.

Also, I think the key for us in finals, as it has been all year, is pressure. The latest Mongrel Punt review of our game included some images that contain an explanation of the 'pressure gauge' numbers. What I especially took from it is that better pressure can compensate for fewer contested possessions in a really linear way. So, if we can achieve a really high level of pressure for a whole game, our prospects are excellent, especially with our great kicking skills and ball use. I tried to upload the file but it was too big - so here's a link: EeQOOSGUMAILakJ.png (2048×1303) (themongrelpunt.com).
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

There was a discussion somewhere about form leading into finals. I used the 2012 Swans as an example but it seems they were are completely outlier and it’s been difficult to make the GF if you lose the last game of the home and away season.

The top-four team that must defy history to win the flag

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I think I'd rather finish 5th and play the Bombers than finish 6th and play GWS, even with Stringer in such strong form.

[/URL].
    I don't want Mummy bashing our players or Greene taking one of ours out with an elbow. I'd rather the Bombers and we put Rampe on Stringer when he is forward, and Hewett on him at centre bounces.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltopia View Post
    I don't want Mummy bashing our players or Greene taking one of ours out with an elbow. I'd rather the Bombers and we put Rampe on Stringer when he is forward, and Hewett on him at centre bounces.
    Don't want GW$ there. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    You could play around with this until you get the result you like AFL ladder predictor

I have us (5) playing the bombers (8) in week one. I don't like that at all.
    On the plus side, I have the Tiggers finishing in 9th
    Swans playing finals again and Richmond finishing 9th. Order has been restored to the universe

Senior Player
    In contests between teams in the top 8, we have the second best record.

https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/st...048178176?s=19

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    In contests between teams in the top 8, we have the second best record.

https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/st...048178176?s=19
    Our record against the top teams this year suggests we have more than a few "big game" players in our younger crew. Very exciting to see how they go, we'll have plenty playing finals for the first time. We also have a fair bit of experience in finals amongst the rest of the team. I like our chances as much as anyone else at this point

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast