Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Adam Goodes and Hall of Fame

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm on board with you and liz. Thanks for showing me the light. I'm kind of enjoying the freedom around there. Now lets see how long it takes me to dirty up the clean air.
    It could get out of control!

The AFL apologised to Adam Goodes at the HOF last night. (Apologies I only found this in the Herald Sun)

No Cookies | Herald Sun

AFL commission chairman Richard Goyder has described the league’s failure to stand with Adam Goodes during the 2015 booing of the Sydney Swans champion as a “stain for our game”.

“Our failure to stand with him at the time it was happening and call out what was happening was a stain for our game.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    The AFL apologised to Adam Goodes at the HOF last night. (Apologies I only found this in the Herald Sun)

No Cookies | Herald Sun

AFL commission chairman Richard Goyder has described the league’s failure to stand with Adam Goodes during the 2015 booing of the Sydney Swans champion as a “stain for our game”.

“Our failure to stand with him at the time it was happening and call out what was happening was a stain for our game.
    Well, that's something I suppose. Way, way, way too late but it's something.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

No Cookies | Herald Sun

It was certainly a stain on the game, but it is also an indelible stain on both Gillon McLachlan and Mike Fitzpatrick. Their abysmal performance during that period should never be forgotten, or forgiven.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    It was certainly a stain on the game, but it is also an indelible stain on both Gillon McLachlan and Mike Fitzpatrick. Their abysmal performance during that period should never be forgotten, or forgiven.
    Correct. What's worse about Fitzpatrick is the version I hear is others like Gil froze in the moment - which is unforgivable and bad enough. But Fitzpatrick actively argued it was all nonsense and had nothing to do with race.

And to top it off, he was then dragged kicking and screaming to a statement, which is one of the most 'me-me-me' things I have ever seen.

Mike Fitzpatrick statement on Adam Goodes

Turd.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Regular in the Side
    Only a brief and sanitized mentioning in a Report on the AFL Site:
    "Hall of Fame selection chair Richard Goyder, in his opening address for the broadcast, also stated that, as previously advised earlier this year, Adam Goodes had declined induction to the Hall of Fame, after the game had failed to adequately support him in the closing years of his playing career."

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Correct. What's worse about Fitzpatrick is the version I hear is others like Gil froze in the moment - which is unforgivable and bad enough. But Fitzpatrick actively argued it was all nonsense and had nothing to do with race.

And to top it off, he was then dragged kicking and screaming to a statement, which is one of the most 'me-me-me' things I have ever seen.

Mike Fitzpatrick statement on Adam Goodes

Turd.
    Mike Fitzpatrick is just the manifestation of a very common event that happens when successful business men come to the end of their careers.
    Early in their career they are building their "empire" and making good decisions for them and their partners.. But near the end, they become pre-occupied with leaving their "legacy". Their decisions become short-sighted and very me-me centric. Same thing happened recently with Eddie McGuire. Far too obsessed with preserving his legacy than doing good.

Stupid old white men.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678