Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Crayfish

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Does raise other questions that don’t need to be answered this year!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Explains why we picked up McAndrew from nowhere.
    I think we'll need another ruck now if Cray is done, as seems likely.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

I really feel sorry for Sam. It's just bad luck.

The Swans were foolish to give him a new 3 year contract after his first ACL and I said so at the time. We could have just rookie listed him for last year and he would have already been delisted and on to the next stage of his life instead of spending 4 years doing rehab.

Sinclair will most likely get another contract now.

We need to go hard after Mabior Chol, or any ruckman with knee ligaments might do.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I really feel sorry for Sam. It's just bad luck.

The Swans were foolish to give him a new 3 year contract after his first ACL and I said so at the time. We could have just rookie listed him for last year and he would have already been delisted and on to the next stage of his life instead of spending 4 years doing rehab.

Sinclair will most likely get another contract now.

We need to go hard after Mabior Chol, or any ruckman with knee ligaments might do.
    They signed him up for 2022 4 weeks ago 🙄

Whoever signed off on that shouldn’t have a job anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Really feel for Sam. Seems like this sort of stuff happens to the good guys (I'm thinking AJ in particular).

At age 28, it's going to be tough to make a meaningful comeback. He last played a decent block of games in 2017. Even if this goes well, we're looking at mid 2022, with his contract expiring at the end of season 2022.

For the sake of the club and the list, he should retire. Perhaps there could be a role for him as a ruck coach or in player welfare / development to ease his transition into retirement.
    It’s really heartbreaking for Sam, and the club. After the frustrations AJ, the club and we supporters went through, here we are again.

All we can do is help Sam through this as he goes yet again for another reco and rehab. He should be able to play late next year, all being well, and then he will be a bit younger than big Tom is now, so he may then still have another few years at top level. That being said, I can understand if he says enough is enough. Whatever you decide Sam, we support you all the way.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Does raise other questions that don’t need to be answered this year!
    Um, yeah, good luck with that.

Sadly, game over I think.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Possibly not.

1) McAndrew was an academy product so we knew about him and he’s been working with Steve Taubert and Dean Cox. Both fair judges of ruck talent I’d say, so hardly from nowhere

2) if we knew about Naismith before the mid season rookie draft, wouldn’t we have listed him as another long term injury giving us an additional pick?

Regular in the Side
    It is very sad. Never understand the inside thoughts of these players who could not give up despite repeating serious injuries. Personally, I don't think he has any chance to play seniors for more than a handful of games. If I were his family, I would strongly advise him to try something else. AFL is not everything and while you are no longer very young, you should use your time well and try something else and explore more options.

Tough break for the guy. Life can really throw some curve balls. I rate him too.

Senior Player
    Yes.

When I checked Sam's contract status I thought I had just miscounted when I saw 2022. What a blunder extending his contract when he hadn't even played a senior game since the last reco.

I'm not impressed at all with Charlie Gardiner. Since he stopped doing the injury update, he has more time to make mistakes. I wouldn't mind seeing him delisted at the end of the season, and he can take Jeremy Laidler with him.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    When I checked Sam's contract status I thought I had just miscounted when I saw 2022. What a blunder extending his contract when he hadn't even played a senior game since the last reco.

I'm not impressed at all with Charlie Gardiner. Since he stopped doing the injury update, he has more time to make mistakes. I wouldn't mind seeing him delisted at the end of the season, and he can take Jeremy Laidler with him.
    Certainly agree re Laidler.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast