Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 13: the other games. Thursday, Buckley, Freezy.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    He surely must be under serious pressure if they miss finals. He's certainly had a big bite at the cherry. Their list isn't what it once was, but still stacked with plenty of talent to be doing far better than they currently are.
    Stewart Dew's tenure must also be insecure. Although a lot of their top end talent is still young, they really should be doing better than they are.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Josh Kennedy (West Coast ) was astonishingly good v Tigers tonight .
    Cool as .
    He was very good.....it was a great game. I was happy the Eagles won as Richmond were getting a fair rub of the green with the umpiring.

Bonus is the close win means we stay 6th until after the bye.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Stewart Dew's tenure must also be insecure. Although a lot of their top end talent is still young, they really should be doing better than they are.
    Yes, I can never figure out what's going on with the Suns. Their lists are not terrible. Their coaches are not nobodies. I've seen them play well - usually versus the Swans, for some reason. But they just never seem to improve or progress.

Fabulous bicycle tracks especially along the beach fronts , exceptional foodie culture ..
    I like Adelaide but the food is @@@@. Definitely not a selling point!!

Senior Player
    Back from Demons vs Pies. Not a bad turnout, considering. Completely different experience being the neutral observer.

I went mostly to see the "red hot" Demons in action and got something quite different. Had their moments in the first half but really fell away in the second. Pies by far the better team, moved it around quickly and skilfully. Poor old Buckley must be wondering why they waited until his last day to turn it on.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Was the Darcy Cameron that kicked 4 goals for the Pies and was among their best players the Darcy Cameron that was once a Swan? Sigh!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Yes, I can never figure out what's going on with the Suns. Their lists are not terrible. Their coaches are not nobodies. I've seen them play well - usually versus the Swans, for some reason. But they just never seem to improve or progress.
    They don't put in regularly enough. Yesterday at the SCG proved yet again the gap between 1st and last is very little, and if you are off
    5% or slack off just a tiny bit and the other team doesn't then you will lose. There are challenges being based where they are. I'm sure
    some of them feel a bit out of the footy loop. But Brisbane in the early 2000s proved a vaguely talented bunch with a gale force superiority
    complex and a ruthless coach can go a long way whilst being out of the southern states bubble.

Senior Player
    Josh Kennedy (West Coast ) was astonishingly good v Tigers tonight .
    Cool as .
    He can really play. The Kennedy-Judd trade back in the 1950s has to be one of the most interesting and fortuitous trades ever.

Veterans List
    Interesting that the Swans are one of the few teams that have to play a team back from the bye before they have a chance to rest. Even the Dees weren't playing a rested Pies. Friday was so disappointing but I wonder if the Dees loss will take pressure off the Swans loss? At least we had an excuse. An old friend said he always tipped the team coming off the longest break - and against the teams flying back from Perth.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    He can really play. The Kennedy-Judd trade back in the 1950s has to be one of the most interesting and fortuitous trades ever.
    West Coast won it, hands down, didn't they. They got a premiership-winning, multiple AA and Coleman medallist full forward who has sustained excellence for over a decade. Judd was a great player, but Carlton got a marketing exercise. Typical of everything that's gone wrong at Carlton for the past 20 years.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    West Coast won it, hands down, didn't they. They got a premiership-winning, multiple AA and Coleman medallist full forward who has sustained excellence for over a decade. Judd was a great player, but Carlton got a marketing exercise. Typical of everything that's gone wrong at Carlton for the past 20 years.
    I couldnt agree more. Only the melbourne media could spin that the Judd/Kennedy trade was even close to 50/50. For starters, WC got Kennedy for his whole career, rather than the tail end of Judds career, and they still had Judd when they won in 2006, so he delivered twice. Carlton got screwed badly.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I couldnt agree more. Only the melbourne media could spin that the Judd/Kennedy trade was even close to 50/50. For starters, WC got Kennedy for his whole career, rather than the tail end of Judds career, and they still had Judd when they won in 2006, so he delivered twice. Carlton got screwed badly.
    I think both teams got players that wanted to return home, that wanted to play where they ended up. Judd was very good at
    Carlton (a Brownlow, 3 B&F, 4 AA). I remember a game at the SCG where he beat us singlehandedly. At his peak he was scary
    good. West Coast have got more years out of Kennedy, but would he have been as good at Carlton had he stayed?
    No one will ever know.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast