Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 15 v Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Mcdonald kicked 2 goals the week before last now hes dropped . Deserved his spot more regardless of role

I have advocated for Bell but its a performance based sport when you're given a chance you have to take it and he failed to do so

If hes only keeping Wicks' seat warm then whats the point , we should be playing blokes who can help us with our finals push for the rest of this year , like Mcdonald Not giving valuable selection spots to guys who will be out again in a week
    Against Hawthorn McDonald had 10 touches, 2 tackles no scores. Bell, 14 touches and 5 tackles. If you filled your forward line with attacking forwards you would get slaughtered on the rebound. TB you have posted so many times on this forum. Surely by now you know the basics of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You sound pretty much the same to me. You should open another bottle. No worries.

Brand is in the team by the way.

Fox is not a TALL back. He's a tailback.

We have 8 players in this side who usually play in defence this season, so 1 is likely to be reassigned to the midfield. Perhaps Hewett or Lloyd.

Chad: Better than Leigh Mathews.
    Time will tell with comparing Chad to Mathews.

Hoping Chad can break at least one goal post when he returns to the team at the back end of the year. Blessed with similar power to Leigh Mathews.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Against Hawthorn McDonald had 10 touches, 2 tackles no scores. Bell, 14 touches and 5 tackles. If you filled your forward line with attacking forwards you would get slaughtered on the rebound. TB you have posted so many times on this forum. Surely by now you know the basics of the game?
    Yes i do thanks champ, i dont need the pressure forward role explained to me We will get slaughtered on the rebound anyway if Aliir aliir is marking everything and not letting it get to ground !

Concern is we will get monstered by their back line with just Bud, Amartey (3 games) and Heeney (186cm) We needed to stretch their defence and i reckon we've gone the wrong way

Earlier this year we played a 3 tall fwd line - Buddy Reid and McDonald

Surely you can see the concern that we've moved away from that ??

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

Hoping Chad can break at least one goal post when he returns to the team at the back end of the year. Blessed with similar power to Leigh Mathews.
    You blokes are missing a T

BTW I think Warner will end up the best of our current rising stars but all should be very good.

I'm hoping he takes a massive hanger soon, for obvious reasons.

Veterans List
    I’m authentic on Chad. A great player in the making. Incredible that he kept breaking lines despite having an injury in his leg.

Whilst people redicule me for supporting Chad, who is going to break the lines in his absence? No one was breaking the lines against the Hawks.
    I don't think anyone ridicules your support of Chad, I think we're all in the same boat there.....but I think they might balk at your fawning over him because you met him and now he's the greatest bloke on earth. You're becoming TB2. Chad's is not a superstar yet......he certainly could be but he's got a long way to go and still has a lot to prove.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 25th June 2021 at 02:21 PM.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    And this post?
    Hopefully just a stiff coffee at 9:05 in the morning!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I don't think anyone ridicules your support of Chad, I think we're all in the same boat there.....but I think they might balk at your fawning over him because you met him and now he's the greatest bloke on earth. You're becoming TB2. Chad's is not a superstar yet......he certainly could be but he's got a long way to go and still has a lot to prove.
    Chad is certainly the most likely to be a superstar of our young ones and i dont see the harm in us fans enjoying that

But the minute it gets back to Chad that hes superstar material you can forget it. He needs to keep his head down and bum up and just keep doing what hes doing which is working hard and staying focused , the rest will take care of itself as he's got the talent

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Can we nominate a font for drunk posting?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Can we nominate a font for drunk posting?
    Bahnschift SemiLight Condensed font for Booze
    Chiller font for Pot
    Black Background/White Text for Coke
    And you can only post in emojis for Acid
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Bahnschift SemiLight Condensed font for Booze
    Chiller font for Pot
    Black Background/White Text for Coke
    And you can only post in emojis for Acid

. What I'd like to see in this game is a rise in intensity. Our intensity has been down the last 4 weeks starting with the Dockers game. The stats only tell part of the story. Visual evedence is far more damning.

Players not applying defensive pressure when the opposition have the ball.

Mids being outrun by opponents.

Lack of true tackling pressure.

Lack of scoreboard pressure.

Far too many missed tackles

A growing trend to leave the middle of the ground exposed

Too many relying on too few

Laziness, lack of real effort on the part of too many leading to the backs being highly exposed

This needs to change if we are any chance of a finals birth. If we don't fix all these things this week we will get flogged. We need to bring, in one word, INTENSITY. Without intensity we are @@@@@@.

I hope we are refreshed and eager for the contest. We should be flogging sides below us not losing or only just beating them. We are far too soft. Teams in the Eight, we should be really challenging. We need to do that tomorrow. Not fold like Origami

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk