Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 15 v Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Ins - Gulden, The Chad, Brand

Outs - Wicks, Bell, Hewett
    Why would you drop Hewett ahead of Fox? Poor guy was dreadful- that kick out of bounds on the full was shocking!

However, I agree with your Ins.

As for Bangalore: players can get emotional when the umpiring is so inconsistent. Paps plays with a lot of emotion and does need to curb his tendency to question/ criticise umpires for the team’s benefit, but using your own logic, you would punish the team more if you drop him! Get real.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Chamberlain need a to be held accountable for his narcissism and egomania and is the one who needs a spell.
    Agree. These would be a better change for us. Out- Ray Chamberlain and Craig Feer IN : Two decent human beings who respects integrity and fairness.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Why is everyone down on Bell? I thought he offered more than, say, Ollie. Florent needs to make better decisions and get more of the ball.

Bell’s pressure & tackling was better and would have kicked a crucial goal if the umpiring had been fair.

Wicks is out in any case - but still had a better game than Ollie.

Errol won’t be fit?

We missed The Chad!!

Rowbottom to teach a few of them how to tackle (eg McInerney was a broken turnstile)
    Im a fan of Bell but he did not take his chance , didnt do enough to earn a spot which he needed to with players coming back its a performance based sport

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Why would you drop Hewett ahead of Fox? Poor guy was dreadful- that kick out of bounds on the full was shocking!

However, I agree with your Ins.

As for Bangalore: players can get emotional when the umpiring is so inconsistent. Paps plays with a lot of emotion and does need to curb his tendency to question/ criticise umpires for the team’s benefit, but using your own logic, you would punish the team more if you drop him! Get real.
    Fox is a more natural defender than Hewett. We could move Hewett into midfield to play as tagger but i'd prefer rowbottom do that as the younger more long term option. Just isn't a place for Hewett

Regular in the Side
    The only obvious in is Warner, assuming he is fit. I'd be shocked if Gulden was included without at least 1 game in the VFL.
    So you could have Bell play Wick's role. I agree Bell wasn't great, but I'm prepared to give him a game to get up to the speed of the seniors. Seems harsh to elevate him, then drop him immediately when half the team was sub-standard.
    They might also feel the defence is undersized (I do!). But the obvious in would be Brand, which would leave our defence even more stodgy that usual. If Port sit a defensive half-forward on Lloyd, I dont know where our rebound will come from.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Im a fan of Bell but he did not take his chance , didnt do enough to earn a spot which he needed to with players coming back its a performance based sport

- - - Updated - - -

Fox is a more natural defender than Hewett. We could move Hewett into midfield to play as tagger but i'd prefer rowbottom do that as the younger more long term option. Just isn't a place for Hewett
    Maybe so TB, but he is really out of touch right now and Hewett is contributing heaps more. I still would prefer him as a tagger as he does his best work in that position. There is room for 2 taggers as most teams have multiple midfielders that need tagging.

Sorry but Fox is not up to it at the moment and we need a taller defender, hence bring in Brand or try Gould.

I don’t think either would be worse than Fox has been the last 2 weeks.

Our lack of Talls in defence is alarming . Expecting fox to take on Big Boy McEvoy is an absolute joke setting the poor bugger up to fail . We’re the land of midgets down there . Hearing Papley will play on Charlie Dixon after the bye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Maybe so TB, but he is really out of touch right now and Hewett is contributing heaps more. I still would prefer him as a tagger as he does his best work in that position. There is room for 2 taggers as most teams have multiple midfielders that need tagging.

Sorry but Fox is not up to it at the moment and we need a taller defender, hence bring in Brand or try Gould.

I don’t think either would be worse than Fox has been the last 2 weeks.
    Then replace Fox with Brand , neither are matchwinners but i dont like Hewett in defence and we cant have two taggers in the midfield we are already too slow and defensive so one of Hewett or Rowbottom has to go and it makes more sense to play RB as the younger of the two

Port will be a tough assignment. They will have Dixon, Georgiades, Marshall and possibly Ladhams / Lycett to contend with. Hawks showed we really struggle with a tall forward line. I think the issue is that due to the shortness of our backline, often we're having to put more people into the contest to try and compensate for the lack of size. This then frees up other forward options for our opponents, as evident by Higgins performance in the St Kilda game. Being hard at it in defence also limits our options exiting defensive 50, adversely affecting our rebound. This isn't so much an issue when our midfield dominates, along with good forward pressure, keeping the ball out of our defensive zone. However these two aspects have deteriorated lately and it's clear that there are plenty of easy goals to be scored against us given repeated F50 entries.

In Brand Chad Ronke
    Out Fox Bell Wicks

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Port will be a tough assignment. They will have Dixon, Georgiades, Marshall and possibly Ladhams / Lycett to contend with. Hawks showed we really struggle with a tall forward line. I think the issue is that due to the shortness of our backline, often we're having to put more people into the contest to try and compensate for the lack of size. This then frees up other forward options for our opponents, as evident by Higgins performance in the St Kilda game. Being hard at it in defence also limits our options exiting defensive 50, adversely affecting our rebound. This isn't so much an issue when our midfield dominates, along with good forward pressure, keeping the ball out of our defensive zone. However these two aspects have deteriorated lately and it's clear that there are plenty of easy goals to be scored against us given repeated F50 entries.

In Brand Chad Ronke
    Out Fox Bell Wicks
    Agree with those changes. Ronke has a chance to cement a spot. I agree with others that he was good yesterday.

Agree that Bell didnt take his chance again but i will defend him slightly is that fringe blokes like him that come upto the 1s normally have the brakes applied to them by coaching staff.

Take Warner last year vs this year, in the middle to get his own ball he is a no brainer best 22.

Clarke is 30 possessions in his sleep in the VFL then gets promoted and the biggest roadblock he has is the coaching staff putting the clamps on what he can and cant do. Stephens the same
    Put them in and let them play

Wicks def needs a a break, not enough goals for a small fwd. Tackles and pressure acts can only be applied when you dont have the ball, he needs to get the ball.

Brand Melican Rampe Mccartin
    we should be playing at least 3 of these every week, if not 4 when available, let Rampe be a run off defender.

We have to get games into Logan so leave him in.
    Im few that prefer Blakey in the team, too much x factor to be left out.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post

In Brand Chad Ronke
    Out Fox Bell Wicks
    Good post.....I agree with these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Agree with those changes. Ronke has a chance to cement a spot. I agree with others that he was good yesterday.
    Ronke? Has his kicking has improved? Like many, tends to go missing when promoted (unless it's his first game).

And height is gonna be an issue. If our game plan continues to be bang in into the 50 and hope, then why not McLean?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast