Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 15 v Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Understand and admire your passion but reckon you're overreacting. Geelong last night were as bad as us v Hawks. They had their pants pulled down in terms of intensity. I expect us to be refreshed and competitive win, lose or draw. Hard to be up for every game during a long season. Hawks coming off 2 week break as well compared to our 2 6 day breaks.
    I share your optimism BF.

One of the luxuries of being a 21st century Swans supporter is that they nearly always bring effort and intensity.

And seem to rise to most of the challenges thrown at them.

It’s also worth remembering our expectations at the start of the year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

One of the luxuries of being a 21st century Swans supporter is that they nearly always bring effort and intensity.

Well said.

Senior Player
    Herald Sun saying our game against West Coast will be at Geelong. Marvel/MCG must not be available. Rather play them in Geelong than in Perth - we have a good record in Geelong.

I hate to say it but I reckon will will have 2 more games max at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Herald Sun saying our game against West Coast will be at Geelong. Marvel/MCG must not be available. Rather play them in Geelong than in Perth - we have a good record in Geelong.

I hate to say it but I reckon will will have 2 more games max at home.

John Ralph on Fox Footy confirming we'll be playing WC at Kardinia Park, Geelong on Sunday. AFL will release R16 fixture tomorrow.

Senior Player
    Seems that would mean four games on a Sunday??? Very strange.

Wonder what the reasoning is for playing at Kardinia Park if its Sunday? No game at the MCG that day.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    John Ralph on Fox Footy confirming we'll be playing WC at Kardinia Park, Geelong on Sunday. AFL will release R16 fixture tomorrow.
    I reckon this deserves a thread of its own.

Despite the disappointment for Sydney fans not being able to see their team play live, I think this is a missed opportunity. The Swans should push to have this played in Melbourne (which would be our first regular season ‘home’ game in the city since 1981).

The Swans would get a much bigger ‘home’ crowd in Melbourne. I would prefer we played at Princes Park than Geelong, if the other two grounds are unavailable.

Maybe the KSAS movement needs to strike up again (at least for one game).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I reckon this deserves a thread of its own.

Despite the disappointment for Sydney fans not being able to see their team play live, I think this is a missed opportunity. The Swans should push to have this played in Melbourne (which would be our first regular season ‘home’ game in the city since 1981).

The Swans would get a much bigger ‘home’ crowd in Melbourne. I would prefer we played at Princes Park than Geelong, if the other two grounds are unavailable.

Maybe the KSAS movement needs to strike up again (at least for one game).
    It is extremely annoying for our Melbourne based fans. There is a hard core of around at least 15000 who are are there every game at Marvel or MCG.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    McDonald not named in the VFL either so I wonder if his omission is injury related

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    McDonald not named in the VFL either so I wonder if his omission is injury related
    Do you know who the Ryan O'Keefe is that has been named in the back pocket. Any relation to ROK?

Also noticed that Sam Gray has not been named. Not an emergency so I guess he will not be the medi sub against his old team. All four AFL emergencies have been named so medi sub against Port is still a ?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    No relation. Just a coincidence

For whatever reason the Swans chose to only fly 33 out of Sydney. Could be they don’t see him as part of the best available 33. Also not great for someone like Ling

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    No relation. Just a coincidence

For whatever reason the Swans chose to only fly 33 out of Sydney. Could be they don’t see him as part of the best available 33. Also not great for someone like Ling
    Somewhere else someone posted he had a 4 week syndesmosis injury. I don't know if this has greater or lesser implications for his career.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

I guess my expectations are the same every year. I expect us to make the finals. When we haven't made the finals a poor run with injury has been the primary factor. Expectations too can be revised during the course of the season, as I'm sure many were by the end of round 3.
    The lack of intensity and cohesion against hawthorn was compounded by the abhorrence I feel for hawthorn and their supporters. Thereby making it a much tougher loss to accept.
    I agree about the consecutive 6 day breaks, however the team coming 6th was playing the team coming 17th at home. A game they were highly favoured to win. Then again just about every team has put in a shocker or two this year in what is proving to be a very even competition.
    Anyway that was all 15 days ago. Today I'm sure will be different. I can feel my match day anxieties kicking in already. Go Bloods!
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan