Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 15 v Port Adelaide

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Ronke? Has his kicking has improved? Like many, tends to go missing when promoted (unless it's his first game).

And height is gonna be an issue. If our game plan continues to be bang in into the 50 and hope, then why not McLean?
    He plays the same role as the guy he'll replace: Wicks.

His kicking for goal yesterday was good; his field kicking was a bit rushed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Good post.....I agree with these changes.
    Stevo, Bell deserves another game as it’s crazy to give him just 1 crack. I wouldn’t be bringing Ronke back just yet, at least 1 more game in the ressies for match fitness.

So Out: Fox, Wicks
    In: Brand, Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Stevo, Bell deserves another game as it’s crazy to give him just 1 crack. I wouldn’t be bringing Ronke back just yet, at least 1 more game in the ressies for match fitness.

So Out: Fox, Wicks
    In: Brand, Chad
    Sensible approach. Bell was okay & better than many. Dropping a kid for having an okay game in a badly beaten team doesn’t make sense to me. I still don’t know what Bell did wrong?

I also want to see more from Florent. His lack of composure cost us a last gasp chance to beat Freo plus a couple of goals in this game.

In any case, we only seem capable of playing well against teams above us on the ladder, so expecting a few wins in the coming weeks

That our worst 2 performances of the year have been against bottom 4 teams is pretty disappointing.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    That our worst 2 performances of the year have been against bottom 4 teams is pretty disappointing.
    Yup, it's odd isn't it? And very frustrating. If we had been thumped by Brisbane & Richmond away I would have been far more accepting. They must mentally switch off to some degree...

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Yup, it's odd isn't it? And very frustrating. If we had been thumped by Brisbane & Richmond away I would have been far more accepting. They must mentally switch off to some degree...
    I think it was more than mentally switching off. I suspect that we were physically tired and if anything it showed that we needed this bye. Our squad is still relatively young. Like everyone on here, I was hoping that we'd win against the Hawks. Nonetheless, we've surpassed expectations up until this point. Time to rest, regroup and come back fired up for the second half of the season.

Where do my fellow pundits see Bell's best position in the team? To me, he has no stand out attributes that fill me with confidence that there is a spot for him in our best 22.

In terms of talent and footy sense, I have him behind Blakey, Stephens, Taylor, Gray and even Clarke. There's only so much determination and effort can overcome a lack of talent.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I think it was more than mentally switching off. I suspect that we were physically tired and if anything it showed that we needed this bye. Our squad is still relatively young. Like everyone on here, I was hoping that we'd win against the Hawks. Nonetheless, we've surpassed expectations up until this point. Time to rest, regroup and come back fired up for the second half of the season.
    Agree. Hawks got to play us after we had 2 6 day breaks. Pretty sure the other sides coming off the bye played each other. Bad timing for us. Might be unavoidable but looks like poor fixturing, although maths not my strong suit.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Agree. Hawks got to play us after we had 2 6 day breaks. Pretty sure the other sides coming off the bye played each other. Bad timing for us. Might be unavoidable but looks like poor fixturing, although maths not my strong suit.
    You are on the money , the entire thing was a rort

Who the @@@@ fixtures a team off two 6 day breaks against a team coming off the bye ? Total fix

and dont get me started on the green muppets

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Why would you drop Hewett ahead of Fox? Poor guy was dreadful- that kick out of bounds on the full was shocking!

However, I agree with your Ins.

As for Bangalore: players can get emotional when the umpiring is so inconsistent. Paps plays with a lot of emotion and does need to curb his tendency to question/ criticise umpires for the team’s benefit, but using your own logic, you would punish the team more if you drop him! Get real.
    I’m dead set real. I can appreciate the emotion Papley plays with. Franklin plays with emotion as well. Franklin does not descend into umpire abuse when a decision goes against him.

I’m staggered that the majority of the Red and White community believes that it’s perfectly acceptable for Papley to abuse umpires and give away umpiring abuse free kicks. The logic being that umpires are the enemy and deserve whatever Papley dishes out.

I can accept free kicks being given away if someone is going for the ball or doesn’t execute a tackle properly. Umpire abuse free kicks I can’t tolerate because they hurt the team for no other reason than selfish petulance.

The coaching staff need to get this petulance out of Papley’s game. Papley behaviour towards officials is not improving.

Papley needs stronger consequences and a two week stint as the medical sub with the associated job around the boundary at the end of the game may refocus him.

I want Papley to stop worrying about what umpires are doing and focus on doing his job and being that amazing inspiring player that we all enjoy watching play the game.

Changes for round 15 v Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I can appreciate the emotion Papley plays with. Franklin plays with emotion as well. Franklin does not descend into umpire abuse when a decision goes against him.

I can accept free kicks being given away if someone is going for the ball or doesn’t execute a tackle properly. Umpire abuse free kicks I can’t tolerate because they hurt the team for no other reason than selfish petulance.

The coaching staff need to get this petulance out of Papley’s game.
    I agree with those parts of your post that I have edited to leave in above. I think the comparison with Buddy is a good one: he shows his disagreement with an umpire’s decision by a look of surprise and a shake of the head - and then gets on with the game. Something I admire him for.

I hope the co-captains speak to Papley about this (as well as the coaching staff) because it costs the team as a whole.

But there is no chance Papley will be dropped for this ..... and I certainly don’t support that part of your posts.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I agree with those parts of your post that I have edited to leave in above. I think the comparison with Buddy is a good one: he shows his disagreement with an umpire’s decision by a look of surprise and a shake of the head - and then gets on with the game. Something I admire him for.

I hope the co-captains speak to Papley about this (as well as the coaching staff) because it costs the team as a whole.

But there is no chance Papley will be dropped for this ..... and I certainly don’t support that part of your posts.
    Why are we indulging this bogus identity?

Changes for round 15 v Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    i’m staggered that the majority of the Red and White community believes that it’s perfectly acceptable for Papley to abuse umpires and give away umpiring abuse free kicks.

Papley needs stronger consequences and a two week stint as the medical sub with the associated job around the boundary at the end of the game may refocus
    Okay , it’s not okay to lose your head against the umpires. It doesn’t get you anywhere. But Papley’s tantrum was not particularly outrageous and didn’t cost us anything in the scheme of things. Your call to drop him for that seems a bit excessive.

I was at the game. I don’t recall many times (in my 20+ years of paying to watch footy at this venue) when I’ve felt my team has been been on the end of a sequence of such poor decisions. As a paying customer of the game, I expect everyone to play by the rules - but also for the playing field to be even.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast