Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 15 v Port Adelaide

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Hasn't Victoria effectively closed the border to all those from the central and eastern parts of the city? I know the Swans (and Giants) are already in Melbourne, but if they were members of Joe Public I expect they would now be obliged to self-isolate for 14 days.
    I think this is correct, but it's probably why we flew in last night ahead of their introduction, as it's not clear they are retrospective - and I suspect they'd exempt us anyway provided we effectively operate in a strict bubble.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    A Swans FB page mentioned that a fan ran into Cunningham (?) and his very recent fiancé at Bondi Junction last weekend. I can't imagine SA would be happy with that.

BTW why does Melbourne have people from towers of flats get infected while Sydney it's a guy buying a BBQ chain and then a shopping centre often referred to as simply BJ?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    AFL just confirmed moved to a 4.35 Sat game, but still in Adelaide
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Give us time to fly back to Melbourne after the game I guess.

I assume the week after against West Coast will be in Melbourne? Seems like anyone who has been in Sydney lately can't enter W.A.

I know many on here don't like "gifting" games but I've been thinking the Port game could be a good opportunity to blood Gould. He's been playing well, has had a long wait and of course is a SA native. Georgiades is potentially a good match up for him. If he can't get up for a game like this and show some promise, then that would reveal alot about him and his future prospects.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I know many on here don't like "gifting" games but I've been thinking the Port game could be a good opportunity to blood Gould. He's been playing well, has had a long wait and of course is a SA native. Georgiades is potentially a good match up for him. If he can't get up for a game like this and show some promise, then that would reveal alot about him and his future prospects.
    Do not agree. Would love to see him earn his place which to date he has not done.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Play him up forward to see how he goes. Has Gould ever played forward in the 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Which I suppose is a good thing. Although I'm not feeling hugely optimistic, so I probably would have settled for the AFL calling the match off and giving us two points each.

I'm also wondering if all our players flew out of Sydney, including our VFL squad? Because we have a game scheduled against the Giants on Sunday, at their stadium. So, does that get cancelled or will it be played in Melbourne?

Melbourne training

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    I think the less said about #Hawthorngate the better.

Onwards and upwards. I’m really hoping that was a one off.

I’ve been swayed by Baracuda’s defence of Wicks, although the MRO may have different ideas.

OUT: Hewett, Fox, Bell, MacDonald
    IN: COR, Brand/Melican/Gould, Le Chad, Gulden

Up against AA for the first time
    Does anyone know where/when we're training while in Melbourne?

Swans have a proud history of winning against the odds v Port.

No one (including me) gave us a chance against the Lions and Tigers (oh my) earlier this year, which were our two strongest performances.

I think we’ll at least turn up

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Which I suppose is a good thing. Although I'm not feeling hugely optimistic, so I probably would have settled for the AFL calling the match off and giving us two points each.

I'm also wondering if all our players flew out of Sydney, including our VFL squad? Because we have a game scheduled against the Giants on Sunday, at their stadium. So, does that get cancelled or will it be played in Melbourne?
    On Ch 7 news tonight (Tom Brown) it had story/vision of Giants & Swans players arriving together at Tullamarine on same flight. Giants staying at Sofitel Hotel in Collins St and Swans in South Yarra. Report mentioned Giants brought down their entire squad not knowing how long they'll be staying in Melbourne. No mention if we did the same but going by the airport vision it wasn't certain we did same as well.

All players had passed two covid tests. Swans were forced into quarantine isolation from 5pm this evening, only allowed out for organised training to meet SA entry requirements. Port players will also require to isolate at home for 48 hours post the game on Saturday whilst being tested for covid19.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    On Ch 7 news tonight (Tom Brown) it had story/vision of Giants & Swans players arriving together at Tullamarine on same flight. Giants staying at Sofitel Hotel in Collins St and Swans in South Yarra. Report mentioned Giants brought down their entire squad not knowing how long they'll be staying in Melbourne. No mention if we did the same but going by the airport vision it wasn't certain we did same as well.

All players had passed two covid tests. Swans were forced into quarantine isolation from 5pm this evening, only allowed out for organised training to meet SA entry requirements. Port players will also require to isolate at home for 48 hours post the game on Saturday whilst being tested for covid19.
    Ta. It will be interesting to see if we play the VFL game in Melbourne. Or will it just be thrown in the too hard basket: which I suspect might happen, as the Victorian sides have generally played less games than the non-Victorian clubs.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast