Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 15 v Port Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    From the AFL website:

'The Swans will use Melbourne as their base before hoping to be given South Australian government approval to fly in, fly out of Adelaide for a match against Port Adelaide on Saturday night.'

Sydney Swans, GWS Giants flee New South Wales due to COVID outbreak, Giants' clash with Hawks relocated to MCG
    Ah I see, they hope to avoid the SA restrictions by FIFO on Saturday. H’mmm does that mean a tackle-free, no exhale of breath match??

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Ah I see, they hope to avoid the SA restrictions by FIFO on Saturday. H’mmm does that mean a tackle-free, no exhale of breath match??
    DO NOT TOUCH THAT BALL!!!! - Nicola Spurrier SA Chief Health Officer.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    No. Horse said not yet in his interview. ( 19' long - definitely worth a listen )
    By the way, Reid was in the "red", but it looks like a T-shirt rather than a playing Guernsey. The Nike Logo is on his right rather than in the centre.
    Yes, worth a listen, but there were some pretty poor journalist questions - not many which reflected close attention to the team's play.

Senior Player
    I think both the Swans and GWS will be based outside Sydney for at LEAST a month. If spread does not go too far I imagine the Swans/Giants game in a few weeks could be in Canberra.

EDIT...hoping like hell we AREN'T given permission to fly to Adelaide - play the game at Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Love him as a player but what he's like off field doesnt make an iota of difference to me , too often the character of the player is used as some kind of for or against argument

Had the misfortune of meeting Diesel a couple of times back in the day and he was a right you know what . Still one of the best Bloods ive ever seen play
    A players character is important to me. Footballers are in the entertainment business and fans do count.

The Swans players I meet, I want to know are good blokes. Chad is clearly a terrific bloke and will forever have my support.

I met Hanners once and he was also a terrific bloke. I want the best for him.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    A players character is important to me. Footballers are in the entertainment business and fans do count.

The Swans players I meet, I want to know are good blokes. Chad is clearly a terrific bloke and will forever have my support.

I met Hanners once and he was also a terrific bloke. I want the best for him.
    Its better when they are good people but it ultimately doesnt matter. Cresswell, Kickett, Diesel none of these blokes were ever that great to meet off the field but were great to watch on the field

Dunkley sr another oddball

Footy clubs are made up of different sorts and they wont always be to your liking . I know for a fact there are a few on our list who aren't great blokes but if they serve our club i will always wish the best for them

Senior Player
    Looks like we are playing in Adelaide...damn.

We look like doing lots of air travel over the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Port have 5 of their very best players out in Butters, Duursma, Gray, Clurey and Fantasia. By comparison, our injury list isn't looking all that bad, with most players on it ready to come back within 3 weeks.

We may not be able to put our very best side in for this game, but it's still going to be a pretty close to our best. All of our key players are fit and in the side. It would certainly be a better team with Warner, but we have good midfield depth and we can bring someone who can do a good job. I don't think we can use injuries as a reason if we don't play well.

For me, the key one to bring in is Brand, so we have coverage for Dixon and Marshall, who is expected back this week. Maybe Gulden will come in for Wicks. If not, there are several possibilities as mentioned by others. Our midfield group can stay the same, with a couple of changes up front and down back. I'm sure Longmire has drilled the troops about what we have to do to win. Good pressure footy and winning the hard ball gets stat will be critical.
    I reckon we are with a chance if we play some good roles on their engine room. And with Butters, Duursma, and Gray not there they may not be very fast for us. Once their midfield is shut down they usually collapse - fingers crossed we can make that happen with our midfield which was going alright except for a game or 2. Maybe the loss of Gulden from stats perspective has been a major loss for our team. His vision and forward entries were more than elite. Hope he comes back in the same shape as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    I think both the Swans and GWS will be based outside Sydney for at LEAST a month. If spread does not go too far I imagine the Swans/Giants game in a few weeks could be in Canberra.

EDIT...hoping like hell we AREN'T given permission to fly to Adelaide - play the game at Marvel!
    While I'd prefer the games to be in Sydney, would be awesome to see us play again in Canberra - nothing better than a 10 minute commute (on a bad day) each way to the footy, and Manuka while lacking facilities is a nice place for a day out at the footy.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    South Australia just did a hard border closure to NSW (as did WA).

I'll be surprised if they let us fly in. It may be the game is in Melbourne.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    South Australia just did a hard border closure to NSW (as did WA).

I'll be surprised if they let us fly in. It may be the game is in Melbourne.
    Hasn't Victoria effectively closed the border to all those from the central and eastern parts of the city? I know the Swans (and Giants) are already in Melbourne, but if they were members of Joe Public I expect they would now be obliged to self-isolate for 14 days.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    While I'd prefer the games to be in Sydney, would be awesome to see us play again in Canberra - nothing better than a 10 minute commute (on a bad day) each way to the footy, and Manuka while lacking facilities is a nice place for a day out at the footy.
    I reckon if the ACT can stay covid free then its a certainty to be played at Manuka. Hopefully before an unrestricted crowd too.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast