Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 15 v Port Adelaide

I like the changes! Brand helps out our defence and allows Fox to play Hewetts role and Hewett then to tag Wines. Gulden back in is a rejuvenation of energy and skill, bringing that energy from the first 3 weeks of our season.

But I must say ... Bell ... not sure what he's doing in the team, would rather have Gray or Blakey lol! But seriously Taylor, O'Riordan or Stephens would be a better option
    Last edited by longmile; 24th June 2021 at 08:47 PM.

Bell for Stephens
    Blakey for Fox

Fox has looked ordinary and off pace
    Bell us a delist option on

Blakey to the Midfield

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Glad to see Gulden back, hope is not lacking match fitness.
    I'm very excited to see the golden boot back. I think he's a very fit player, so less of an issue for him than some others. Brand in is a very positive sign, assuming they do play him back rather than play him forward on Aliir.

How we handle AA is an intriguing prospect given he was struggling to get a game in our defence last year and is now in potential AA form. Does he still have the flaws in his game that were a problem in Sydney? Can we exploit them?

I wonder if they'll abandon the Hewett in defence experiment and play him as a tagger from the start after #Hawthorn-gate?

Good to see Brand in to help reduce that huge deficiency we have had recently with lack of size in defence. I was surprised to see Logan dropped after just one game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Good to see Brand in to help reduce that huge deficiency we have had recently with lack of size in defence. I was surprised to see Logan dropped after just one game.
    Pretty sure he played 2

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Pretty sure he played 2
    Yep. Came in for the Saints and Hawks

I’ve been boozing tonight so my delivery may be more rubust than normal.

Can someone help me understand why Fox is in the team?

Fox is now 3rd tall back, Rampe is 4th tall back and Dawson is 5th tall back. With Brand in you can play Rampe as 3rd tall and Dawson 4.

Chad still out is one of the most significant outs in the last two decades.

Whom is going to break the lines and take it on like Chad. We have not had a line breaker like Chad since Adam Goodes 2003-2011.

We need Chad back. Erol back is good but Chad is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

Fox is now 3rd tall back, Rampe is 4th tall back and Dawson is 5th tall back. With Brand in you can play Rampe as 3rd tall and Dawson 4.

Whom is going to break the lines and take it on like Chad. We have not had a line breaker like Chad since Adam Goodes 2003-2011.

I know you're drunk but your vastly overrating the impact of a (very good) 19/20yr old

Senior Player
    Dude.

Veterans List

Yep BS, the booze is bringing on misplaced hero worship......*drunk voice* "I love you Chad.....no really mate, I reeeaaally love you!"

Does that mean we push Dawson intermittently forward or does Hewett play the midfield forward role? I wouldn’t mind Dawson drifting forward and kicking a couple. Intriguing as to how they plan to use Hewett and create a potent forward line. If Hewett really plays midfield, it would be great idea to shut Boak down or wines down.
    I think Aliir is going to get covered by Hayward by the looks of it. both Heeney and Hayward can really play like talls with their marking.

Wow! Rapt to see the name 'Errol Gulden' as one of the ins! I confess... I am nervous! He is just 19 and he has missed 5-6 weeks of footy!! I know he's a supreme athlete but sheesh.. don't be surprised to see him running on empty by the 3rd quarter! Hopefully he won't take a breather with his hands on his knees or he might get in trouble.. heh..

All jokes aside i hope we have made the right decision there and have not rushed him back. This will be a ferocious contest and I find it hard to believe a teenager can miss over a month of footy and not need to return via the twos