Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 14: the other games. They're all other games.

I heard a way to help gold coast is to give them more soft cap space (for coaches, staff). In think this has merit. One of the problems for Northern clubs is attracting good staff. In Victoria there is plenty to choose from, and quite a few will simply volunteer.

I also agree with Tony Cochrane (GC president) who said that the AFL should not grant a 19th license to tassy. A 19th team doesn't add any games, so it s just an added cost. Far better to keep 18, and relocate and existing team, or shut down an existing team, and establish a new tassy team.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    The indiscretions were hardly worth suspension it has to be said.

- - - Updated - - -

An absolute ripper! Brings back memories of me in my heyday!
    Clawing and deliberately standing on leg leaving stop marks?.Yeah - let it go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    I heard a way to help gold coast is to give them more soft cap space (for coaches, staff). In think this has merit. One of the problems for Northern clubs is attracting good staff. In Victoria there is plenty to choose from, and quite a few will simply volunteer.

I also agree with Tony Cochrane (GC president) who said that the AFL should not grant a 19th license to tassy. A 19th team doesn't add any games, so it s just an added cost. Far better to keep 18, and relocate and existing team, or shut down an existing team, and establish a new tassy team.
    Cochrane is a loudmouth who should worry about his own club. Perennial underachievers and he is in charge of it. Should be replaced.

While I agree with Blood Fever's comments about Cochrane more generally, I think he is spot on about a 19th licence. I'd keep it at 18 teams too, and tell one of the garbage teams either move or your time is up. AFL won't have the guts to do it howevre.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    While I agree with Blood Fever's comments about Cochrane more generally, I think he is spot on about a 19th licence. I'd keep it at 18 teams too, and tell one of the garbage teams either move or your time is up. AFL won't have the guts to do it howevre.
    Cochrane seems to be the only president which takes an australia wide view to the AFL. The Victorian media hate him. His suggestion to move the GF to Perth this year put them into a massive hissy fit.

He should run the AFL.

- - - Updated - - -

Go hawks. One less challenger to our top 8 spot if druggos lose.

North seem to play better in Tasmania, than they do in Melbourne. Maybe it's time to make the move permanent.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Clawing and deliberately standing on leg leaving stop marks?.Yeah - let it go.
    Was it deliberate? I'm not so sure.....and much like the head high bump is treated, no resulting injury from the 'clawing' leads to a lesser penalty. Maybe this should be changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Because it would ideally have to be a Victorian team.....like Norf.

Was it deliberate? I'm not so sure.....and much like the head high bump is treated, no resulting injury from the 'clawing' leads to a lesser penalty. Maybe this should be changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, because if you play it right you keep your Melbourne support. Tasy will so need that

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Giant very impressive and good to see them smash Carlton. That torp from Green was unbelievable!
    We were at the game. It was quite something. How many times have you seen players try the torp after the siren and it goes nowhere?
    It went 67.6M according to the AFL website. On another note ; Jeremy Finlayson's set shot kicking has to be close to the best in the game.

Senior Player
    Glad that's over, although the break from footy media was very welcome.

Veterans List
    We're now back to normality although locations of matches and protocols are being worked out daily.

Delicious to see the Carlton crisis deepening daily as well :-)

I think we can safely say that Norf are in the cross hairs of the potential Tassy side, simply because all the old-norf boys like David King are going full bore at Gold Coast saying they are a failed club because they arent winning games. Even though they already have better facilities than Tassy does, and the growth in junior footy is off the charts. The Gold coast is more than just the win/loss ratio of the senior side.

Relocated Norf is the obvious thing to do. If Norf (Tassy) played Essendon, they would get a decent crowd down there.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Wanna give the Vics the @@@@s.

Start a 'relocate Carlton' campaign.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast