Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 11 - Saturday 26th June

Almost Football Legend
    How many players & umpires work in the city? Unfortunately I can't see how we can put teams on the field this weekend.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    How long till they call it off?
    $5 it will be called off by 2pm

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    $5 it will be called off by 2pm
    More like $1.01 it’ll be called off.

Almost Football Legend
    Yep, we're off. Just before 2pm.

Hazzard just announced community sport can continue in those 4 LGA's.

https://twitter.com/BradHazzard/stat...96205302575106

Junior rugby league anticipating a start day of July 17 if lockdown ends on 9th.

UPDATE FROM THE NSWRL REGARDING COMMUNITY RUGBY LEAGUE RETURN TO PLAY
    All suspended competitions across the Greater Sydney Region are scheduled to resume on the weekend of 17 July 2021, giving teams the opportunity to train before returning to play, but that will be subject to the NSW Public Health Order at this time.

Any ideas or inside info as to what's going to happen with the games missed due to lockdown? Will they be made up and the season be extended by 3 weeks to get them in or will they be lost? How will it effect those sides vying for finals etc? Thoughts anybody...

League’s preference is to get as many games in as possible, so wouldn’t be surprised if the season is extended.

Hand the Cup to Norths - Season is over. Then Norths will not have the pressure of playing finals.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    League’s preference is to get as many games in as possible, so wouldn’t be surprised if the season is extended.
    I've heard they're considering extending it by a week, but no more than that. Unless the AFL season gets held over, they won't play our season past the AFL Grand Final.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    Hand the Cup to Norths - Season is over. Then Norths will not have the pressure of playing finals.
    The way things are looking in Sydney at the moment this may not be too far from reality

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    I've heard they're considering extending it by a week, but no more than that. Unless the AFL season gets held over, they won't play our season past the AFL Grand Final.
    Can’t see us getting on the park before August at best. But if we can get at least 2 rounds in before finals then that should help teams and players regain a bit of form at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast