Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RWO Game Day Thread - Round 11 - Saturday 26th June

Quote Originally Posted by Clubman View Post
    Hand the Cup to Norths - Season is over. Then Norths will not have the pressure of playing finals.
    We can't possibly choke from here!

In all seriousness in the by-laws I assume there is something written to acknowledge either a no result or ladder leader should the season be abandoned?

Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    We can't possibly choke from here!

In all seriousness in the by-laws I assume there is something written to acknowledge either a no result or ladder leader should the season be abandoned?
    If it comes to that I have no issues... everybody has played each other once and Norths are unbeaten so yeah give em the trophy.

Almost Football Legend
    I can't find anything in the by-laws about a season being abandoned. Clearly there's no chance of the season re-commencing. My guess is there'll be no premierships awarded for 2021.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

It's not really to do with our local footy, but all of us footy lovers must be thrilled that the AFL Sydney teams can play tomorrow - personally, I had been struggling to get my head around no SFL AND no footy on TV this weekend.

There are some seriously clever people working behind the scenes in the AFL to keep the show on the road.

If only I get to see Norris behind the goals wearing his green headband then I'll know there's a God !

So are we prepared to say Season 2021 is done? Personally can't see lockdown ending before October long weekend... thoughts?

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by exitthesandman View Post
    So are we prepared to say Season 2021 is done? Personally can't see lockdown ending before October long weekend... thoughts?
    There's no official call, but clearly the season is over :-(

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Pushing for Selection
    Season officially over for both seniors and juniors. No premierships, medals or awards.

Not unexpected, but a sorry state of affairs nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy#8 View Post
    Season officially over for both seniors and juniors. No premierships, medals or awards.

Not unexpected, but a sorry state of affairs nonetheless.
    Why not give Norths the Men's Premier Division Premiership, they actually deserve it for their season to date. What is there to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Why not give Norths the Men's Premier Division Premiership, they actually deserve it for their season to date. What is there to lose.
    I don't think there will be anybody internally rallying for the premiership as such. If Sydney AFL decided to award various grades premierships (I would limit to Men/Women Prem, Ressies, 19s) you would accept it under the circumstances, hardly a celebration.

Unfortunately for some of those players who have long been searching for a premiership (and the club itself), this is the just another chapter in the quest! Even if it was rewarded, it would carry same empty feeling as losing a grand final, left asking yourself what if!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123