Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camden

Camden

Confirmed to be dropping back to Platinum from next year. Prems staying with 9 teams, so a bye in place.

A couple of awkward conversations to be had at head office with their ‘Western Sydney’ strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post
    Confirmed to be dropping back to Platinum from next year. Prems staying with 9 teams, so a bye in place.

A couple of awkward conversations to be had at head office with their ‘Western Sydney’ strategy.
    Will Magic rejoin Platinum? That would make it a nice 10 team competition. Only needs Newtown, Nor-West and potentially Wollondilly to improve over the next few years and platinum will include all non-Premier Division teams.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Magic rejoin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkers28 View Post

No real awkward conversations, they are oblivious to reality. Apparently they are still "Guaranteeing" them Under 19's Div 1. Absolute joke

Almost Football Legend
    Disappointing. But on this year's results, unless there was going to be an influx of top players, it was the only decision they could make. Nothing drains a club more than getting belted every week.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by Norris Lurker View Post
    Disappointing. But on this year's results, unless there was going to be an influx of top players, it was the only decision they could make. Nothing drains a club more than getting belted every week.
    Which is a shame Norris - there is so much upside to a day at Camden - super ground, parking, good club culture (seems that way to a visitor anyway), great feel of being 'welcome' there. I wish them well and hope they prosper.

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Which is a shame Norris - there is so much upside to a day at Camden - super ground, parking, good club culture (seems that way to a visitor anyway), great feel of being 'welcome' there. I wish them well and hope they prosper.
    Agree 100%. Good club with good people in it. I hope they do well.
    There will always be teams at the bottom of the ladder, but it's so hard when you're getting beaten by massive margins every week. They couldn't risk another season with results like this year.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

The league cannot persist with pushing a western Sydney club up prematurely. The west just doesn't foster the talent enough, unless a great push behind Penrith occurs and their region gets behind it.
    As for the Jets, we are a long way off Div 1 let alone Platinum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    The league cannot persist with pushing a western Sydney club up prematurely. The west just doesn't foster the talent enough, unless a great push behind Penrith occurs and their region gets behind it.
    As for the Jets, we are a long way off Div 1 let alone Platinum.
    More Announcements coming soon from what i hear. Not Prems related but i think definitely a step in the right direction for the South West region

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    More Announcements coming soon from what i hear. Not Prems related but i think definitely a step in the right direction for the South West region
    ????????? more information, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttsy View Post
    I'd take a seperate AFL entity for AFL South West Sydney to remove a trip to Wollondilly/Camden each year

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    ????????? more information, please.
    I think you will find 2 clubs that already have a partnership moving to a full Merge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast