Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes v West Coast

Three tall forward line against WC barring conditions
    I reckon Buddy, Logan, Amartey.
    Two tall backs - McCartin on Darling, Brand on Kennedy. Even though I did not like Brands disposal I am ready to give him a benefit of doubt of wet conditions and getting intermittent games.
    Rampe on Oscar Allen. And when Oscar is high May be Dawson can follow him.

Midfield - I wonder if Errol would be better in the midfield rotation than half forward (maybe a too much for a young player with recent stress injury). And move Florent to half forward. Florents role has to be changed.
    I would keep Hewett in the midfield rotation. Their midfield would come hungry and we need a tagger. We need a strong game from Josh.

Changes
    Out Bell
    In Logan McDonald

Sub - Taylor (based on form) he is doing well enough in 2s. Could be in the main team.

If Chad is ready , maybe we can drop Florent.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    It won't be Logan.

It looks like he and others players left in Sydney last week have had to relocate to Newcastle for training etc, but are unlikely to be permitted into Vic as they were in the red zone (ie: Greater Sydney) before doing so. Now Longmire flags here that Logan was likely to have a couple of weeks of training and reserves play to build some things anyway.

But whichever players were left behind last week will need a special exemption from the Vic Govt to get in with the rest of our squad - or at least that's my read of it.

Out of interest, do we know who the others were?

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Suspended by the MRP
    Ins Wicks Taylor
    Outs Bell Rowbottom

Florent on notice

McCartin lucky we have stuff all kpd depth

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Re McCartin, let’s be realistic.

He’s effectively a first year player in defence. He’s had some seriously good games; he’s had a couple of poor ones, including against Port. He’s largely good defensively, but yet to build an offensive game. He’s part of a defence rebuilding its rhythm and cohesiveness and he’s in need of additional help down back.

Of course he can get better and improve and needs to build his game and didn’t play well the other night. But to suggest he’s our biggest problem when we are building a side for 2023 and beyond and need to invest games in young players who have shown serious ability is laughable.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Re McCartin, let’s be realistic.

He’s effectively a first year player in defence. He’s had some seriously good games; he’s had a couple of poor ones, including against Port. He’s largely good defensively, but yet to build an offensive game. He’s part of a defence rebuilding its rhythm and cohesiveness and he’s in need of additional help down back.

Of course he can get better and improve and needs to build his game and didn’t play well the other night. But to suggest he’s our biggest problem when we are building a side for 2023 and beyond and need to invest games in young players who have shown serious ability is laughable.
    Im a fan of Mccartin but you know good and well that if a less fancied player like Melican had put in the performances mccartin has we would be screaming for him to be dropped .

If we had better options on the list i would prefer to see them over Mcartin so he can go to the 2s and learn how to be a defender . We dont. Unless your one of the ones that think Gould should be playing

Senior Player
    Liam Ryan suspended for this week's game - helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    It won't be Logan.

It looks like he and others players left in Sydney last week have had to relocate to Newcastle for training etc, but are unlikely to be permitted into Vic as they were in the red zone (ie: Greater Sydney) before doing so. Now Longmire flags here that Logan was likely to have a couple of weeks of training and reserves play to build some things anyway.

But whichever players were left behind last week will need a special exemption from the Vic Govt to get in with the rest of our squad - or at least that's my read of it.

Out of interest, do we know who the others were?

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph
    Ohh no Did not realise that Logan was left behind. So may be just Bell out, Sinclair in.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    Ohh no Did not realise that Logan was left behind. So may be just Bell out, Sinclair in.
    Wicks for Bell. I'm wondering if Ollie should go to HB to find form as he's not impacting enough in midfield. Taylor is obviously the recent standout in the ressies do deserves a senior run to see if he can translate it.

I watched Heeney in the warm up, missed quite a few shots there as well :-( Get it right son and quick, it costs games!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Wicks for Bell. I'm wondering if Ollie should go to HB to find form as he's not impacting enough in midfield. Taylor is obviously the recent standout in the ressies do deserves a senior run to see if he can translate it.

I watched Heeney in the warm up, missed quite a few shots there as well :-( Get it right son and quick, it costs games!
    Needs tutoring from Will Hayward.

But, seriously, very impressive of Hayward to totally fix his set shot this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Needs tutoring from Will Hayward.

But, seriously, very impressive of Hayward to totally fix his set shot this year.
    Agreed- Will has improved. We need Isaac and Paps to nail those crucial shots which also lift team confidence.

Ollie and McCartin need to be moved around to find form. Some suggested Ollie to HB and I would try Tom forward pocket for a game to see if he can regain a bit of form.CHB is a tough ask and he isn’t experienced in that position so maybe we’re a bit harsh, but it is so vital to our defence. I’d try Ramps for.a while. Problem is with Pelican and Reid still unavailable we don’t have anyone ready to come in so all we can do is move the guys around.

Was Wicks in the 33 players that did go to Melbourne? ie can he actually replace Bell, as being called for by some.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Was Wicks in the 33 players that did go to Melbourne? ie can he actually replace Bell, as being called for by some.
    Yes

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast