Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes v West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Agree re: Taylor. He should of been given more gametime this year. Last year he came to the Swans unfit and paid the price and served his time. He's fit again, still mid twenties and is consistently tearing up the ressies. He deserves to be playing before Bell that's for sure.
    I can imagine Bell is a great guy to have around the team and a pleasure to coach. But he's at that point where he needs to show something.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Agree re: Taylor. He should of been given more gametime this year. Last year he came to the Swans unfit and paid the price and served his time. He's fit again, still mid twenties and is consistently tearing up the ressies. He deserves to be playing before Bell that's for sure.
    I agree. I think he is a better player this year and usually does not waste the ball.

Is he really fit though Taylor? Always looks like Stewie Dew’s love child to me.

Taylor is helpful as a depth player if we need a strong body around the younger players.
    The reality is he's not up to AFL level and wouldn't be in our next premiership side. I'd only bring him in for a replacement for senior players like Kennedy and Parker.

For those who have been critical of Wicks and can't understand how he's getting a game, there was a stat that just came up on AFL 360: Points generated from turnovers created. Number ! in the AFL is Sam Wicks with 65. Papley is tied for 3rd with 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    For those who have been critical of Wicks and can't understand how he's getting a game, there was a stat that just came up on AFL 360: Points generated from turnovers created. Number ! in the AFL is Sam Wicks with 65. Papley is tied for 3rd with 60.
    That’s interesting Ludwig. Shows the limitations of watching the game on TV- else I need glasses!!

Thanks Ludwig. Hopefully comes back this week and keeps up the good work.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Wicks' full game is still developing (though we saw glimpses of his offensive capabilities early in the season), but the defensive side of it is stellar. Not sure why some here question his selection too much.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Not surprised at all - he's brilliant defensively, and will be a welcome return back to the 22 this week. Those who have commented about dropping him don't understand the layers of a football game.

He’s tracking very nicely . Richmond build there premierships on manic forward pressure once it got in there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Brand omitted Wicks Sinclair Maclean and O’Riordan named as in’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Brand omitted Wicks Sinclair Maclean and O’Riordan named as in’s.
    You'd think Bell goes out for Wicks, after that it gets more complicated as none of the others are KPDs and Amartey has been named on the ground.

I reckon it's going to be

OUT: Bell, Brand
    IN: Wicks, COR

Can't see how McLean comes back in unless its down back, Sinkers could take Amartey's spot, I guess. Unless they try and repeat the #BlakeyExperiment in the ruck?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast