Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes v West Coast

Changes v West Coast

In: Blakey Wicks Sinclair
    Out: Fox Bell Amartey

If Sir Chad "Great Breaker of Lines" is fit, then in for Bell but he is listed as still injured this week.

Blakey will be effective as the extra man up to spoil WC inside 50s to their talls as well as provide some run out of defence.

I get why Sinclair might be preferable to Amartey/McLean in the short term but he doesn’t offer that much more to stall development of these younger talls in the longer term. Although Amartey didn’t take many marks, I felt he at least halved contests and didn’t allow intercept marks. Give him another go to help nullify Barrass.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I get why Sinclair might be preferable to Amartey/McLean in the short term but he doesn’t offer that much more to stall development of these younger talls in the longer term. Although Amartey didn’t take many marks, I felt he at least halved contests and didn’t allow intercept marks. Give him another go to help nullify Barrass.
    I wouldn't be averse to this. Amartey was ok on Saturday and if his hands had been better, would've had a good match. But I was impressed by Cal in last night's reserves match.

Out: Bell
    In: Taylor (or Wicks)

Amartey to have another crack at it. Personally I'd swap Dawson and Heeney and give Heeney a go as an intercepting defender. Needs to get his hands on the footy more

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    In: Blakey Wicks Sinclair
    Out: Fox Bell Amartey

If Sir Chad "Great Breaker of Lines" is fit, then in for Bell but he is listed as still injured this week.

Blakey will be effective as the extra man up to spoil WC inside 50s to their talls as well as provide some run out of defence.
    Did you watch Blakey in the reserves yesterday? Wow really bad. He had 20 disposals, but most were kick outs. He just looks so lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched the reserves. Taylor is definitely putting his hand up. Sinclair also had a good game. The rest, just really poor. Stephens, Ronke, Maclean just did not impact at all. Given Taylor is more of a midfielder I wonder if it is worth dropping a Florent who is really struggling.

Clearly Wicks returns at Bells expense.

I think we should persist with Amartey.

And if Melican’s not ready we have to keep playing Brand. Which means Fox can go out and be replaced by COR.

Would love to see Stephens, Blakey, Gould etc pushing their case, but doesn’t seem to be happening.

It does feel like our development pathway is clogged atm

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    Did you watch Blakey in the reserves yesterday? Wow really bad. He had 20 disposals, but most were kick outs. He just looks so lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched the reserves. Taylor is definitely putting his hand up. Sinclair also had a good game. The rest, just really poor. Stephens, Ronke, Maclean just did not impact at all. Given Taylor is more of a midfielder I wonder if it is worth dropping a Florent who is really struggling.
    I watched the 3Q where he flew up high several times to spoil. He also had a few possessions but granted, I didn't see the whole match. Geez that's disappointing that it sounds like he sucked overall.

Senior Player
    Wicks for Bell on the assumption that the Chad isn't ready yet

In: Sinclair, Blakey, Wicks
    Out: Amartey, Bell, Rowbottom

When fit, Reid to come in for Sinclair and Warner for Blakey.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Agree with that assessment.

Loathed to take Florent out, but agree we need go find a way to get Taylor in while he's in form.

Ins - McLean, Blakey, Stephens

Outs - Bell, Fox, Brand

I’m assuming that Chad and Melican are still unavailable.

I would get Amarty to follow Oscar Allen the whole game. I would like to see Amarty play as a tall defender. Rampe on Darling, McCartin on Kennedy.

Heeney to halfback to get him into the game.

McLean to play a tagging role on McGoven. Stop him intercept marking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Ins - McLean, Blakey, Stephens

Outs - Bell, Fox, Brand

I’m assuming that Chad and Melican are still unavailable.

I would get Amarty to follow Oscar Allen the whole game. I would like to see Amarty play as a tall defender. Rampe on Darling, McCartin on Kennedy.

Heeney to halfback to get him into the game.

McLean to play a tagging role on McGoven. Stop him intercept marking.
    There's no way we come anywhere near kicking a winning score with these roles and changes. McLean and Amartey can't be defensive forwards and we take one of our best forwards in Heeney and throw him back as well.

That leaves no forward line. Buddy and Paps can't do it all. Granted that Heeney is down a bit, but I wouldn't change him. He missed a few shots at goal and if he converted, folks wouldn't be talking changing his role. There was some poor distribution into the forward 50 as well.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast