Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Changes v West Coast

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Let's hope so. Strong breeze will make it tough overhead. With a tall forward line, they will need their mids to press hard into their F50 to provide ground level support. Makes it crucial for our mids to get on top.
    I'm expecting big games from Mills and Parker. I also have an inkling that Gulden might be given a bit more of a roving commission, and consequently, launch a fair few telling attacks. I also expect Wicks and Bell to drive the Geelong rebounders insane, and in the process, create a few chances for Papley to take advantage of.

It could be misplaced, but I'm actually feeling pretty confident about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I think this is his last chance as he’s had a few games to show something. Hope for his sake he can prove us wrong but I don’t like passengers as we’re not elite to be able to afford them. But he tries his best- unfortunately it has not been good enough so far. With Blakey, he has shown ability in his first year but hasn’t developed from there as we all hoped. Is it his body? Moving him to defence seems the most logical move as long as he is not up against a big bodied forward. I’m not sure what our coaches have planned against the Weagle’s talls- unless it’s wet we could be in trouble.

Problem is we don’t have the KPDs at the moment, so we’re just shuffling the deck.
    Going into a must win game against a weagles lineup with Allen, Darling, Kennedy, Vardy and Natanui and we drop a tall defender for the skinny lizard, with only one defender above 190cm (McCartain).

Says alot about where Brand and Gould are. I think we are aiming to starve their forwards opportunities and slingshot out of defence with our smaller, faster backline.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    There was no medical sub in 2019 or 2020. His highest disposal count is 15, let’s just admit he hasn’t been capable of finding the ball at AFL level
    I agree, but the stat of 4 disposals a game I quoted was only so low cause it was his 2021 stats, where he has been medical sub multiple times.

Tbh I had Bell's last chance as last week, but here he is again...

Heeney is the one who needs to lift. One of the highest paid players in the comp (the HS has him 13th on their list) but wouldn't be in the top 100 at the moment.

He is wasted playing forward and like Mills before him, I think it's time to make Heeney a permanent midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I also expect Wicks and Bell to drive the Geelong rebounders insane, and in the process, create a few chances for Papley to take advantage of.
    They'll be so mad that they'll be throwing their shoes at the TV.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Heeney is the one who needs to lift. One of the highest paid players in the comp (the HS has him 13th on their list) but wouldn't be in the top 100 at the moment.

He is wasted playing forward and like Mills before him, I think it's time to make Heeney a permanent midfielder.
    Yes, Heeney needs to play well and if he does reckon we'll win.

Gaff is out for today's game so that will help!!

Regular in the Side
    MEDICAL SUBS
    Sydney: James Rowbottom
    West Coast: Jack Petruccelle

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    They'll be so mad that they'll be throwing their shoes at the TV.
    Yes, sorry, West Coast. Strangely, when I was cycling to the shops, the thought occurred to me, "Did I write, Geelong, instead of West Coast?"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    First 4 weeks when we were the AFL darlings I noted that we got some very soft decisions go out way
    We were exciting for the comp and that is all....we were not and never have been the AFL 'darlings'.....not since we recruited Buddy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I agree, but the stat of 4 disposals a game I quoted was only so low cause it was his 2021 stats, where he has been medical sub multiple times.

Tbh I had Bell's last chance as last week, but here he is again...
    I read an article on Big Footy from a poster called BruceFromBalnarring
    I could have never have expressed it so well but I think it’s very insightful and I must say I totally concur with it
    This is basically the post quoted below

“My thing with players like Bell (and Wicks) is that they’re absolutely disciplined about their role. And that role is often about closing off outlets rather than getting the ball.

Having that commitment to your role is what makes a successful side.

Most AFL players come from a background of dominance where the discipline has to be taught. See Ling, Stephens and Dawson. Oh and Mitchell.

Players like Bell and Wicks have graduated through the Academy system and rookie list not through junior dominance but through commitment to following instructions to the letter and sheer hard work.

Their improvement is gradual. They slowly get more of the ball offensively. Then suddenly you realise they’ve been fixtures for a few years and you recognise their value. Cunningham is an example of that”

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314