Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16: the other games. VFL Round.

I know we all don’t like Eddie that much .....
    but that was a fun line :

“Tony Cochrane has just gone from the the Shousenhouse to the Penthouse ...”

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Got a funny feeling about Gold Coast tonight.
    I hope you have a feeling about the Swannies on Sunday, as well!!

Go Suns!! (Will be interesting to see if that master deflector Hardwick brings up the last quarter free kick count!)

Touk Miller has got to be in the top 5 midfielders in the league. It's not just that he wins the ball, but his vision at picking out open players in a split second is as good as anyone going around. He's been a good player for a while, but has busted out this year as a 25 yo. Something to think about with our own developing players. I might take a bit of time to see the best of them.

Veterans List
    Got a funny feeling about Gold Coast tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Tigers must be down on confidence. Now is the time to strike! Reckon if the Suns can get a good start, they could easily throw Tigers off their game.
    ....and so it was.

I actually forgot it was on and only caught the last ten minutes or so but it was a satisfying ten minutes. For once GC's woeful accuracy didn't matter.....but it's something they should get right. They'd win a lot more games.

Do we call Richmond's season over? It would take a brave man to call it but there is no doubt they are making it very difficult for themselves.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Touk Miller has got to be in the top 5 midfielders in the league. It's not just that he wins the ball, but his vision at picking out open players in a split second is as good as anyone going around. He's been a good player for a while, but has busted out this year as a 25 yo. Something to think about with our own developing players. I might take a bit of time to see the best of them.
    He’s awesome. Reminds me of Nathan Jones during Melbourne’s dark period, the one consistently good player. Apparently when Tom Lynch announced he was leaving the club to a meeting of the players, Miller got up a poured a bucket of poo on his head.

I think our priorities are elsewhere, but if we traded for him, I’d applaud the club like nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    He's also a tireless runner.
    And I thought the tracker stats were significant tonight. For total distance run, the Suns were 295.7km, while the Tigers managed 287.1km. Which is quite a difference. Especially when you consider that Richmond's game plan is largely based on manic running and getting more numbers to contests.

You may call me Nostradamus.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    He’s awesome. Reminds me of Nathan Jones during Melbourne’s dark period, the one consistently good player. Apparently when Tom Lynch announced he was leaving the club to a meeting of the players, Miller got up a poured a bucket of poo on his head.

I think our priorities are elsewhere, but if we traded for him, I’d applaud the club like nothing else.
    Well, I was pleased that a Lynch bag didn't drag Richmond over the line. But I would prefer it if Miller was involved in leading the Suns to their first finals campaign.

And I have no doubt that Errol will be our version of Touk, in a year or two. Once we start playing him in his natural position; which is, 'you just run wherever you want, Errol'.

Veterans List
    Do you have a feeling about Sunday afternoon?

Senior Player
    Well called it was always a possibility given Richmonds recent form FWIW I tipped the Suns by 7 so pretty happy with the result.
    The tips for the rest of the year not so good😀

Part of me feels very confident about Sunday given it’s West Coast at Kardinia Park.

But WCE are very hard to get a read on this year. And have got a load of players back.

Hopefully Gold Coasts win over the Tigers tonight makes West Coasts comeback less impressive.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    I know we all don’t like Eddie that much .....
    but that was a fun line :

“Tony Cochrane has just gone from the the Shousenhouse to the Penthouse ...”
    Yes, Ed was in fine form. He is such a booster for the game.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast