Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16: the other games. VFL Round.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Touk Miller has got to be in the top 5 midfielders in the league. It's not just that he wins the ball, but his vision at picking out open players in a split second is as good as anyone going around. He's been a good player for a while, but has busted out this year as a 25 yo. Something to think about with our own developing players. I might take a bit of time to see the best of them.
    He wins every contest in which he participates and always uses it well. Seems a good guy, too.

So much of footy is played above the shoulders. since they have already won it all 3 times, winning the flag is the only motivation that can get them up and about. Sure the Tigers know that they cannot win the flag this year with the injuries they have and we can clearly see that the hunger is gone out of their game. They will struggle to make it into top 8.

In the remaining teams who may make their way up, I think Essendon is probably the best and if they get there they can really harm other teams chances in the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yes, Ed was in fine form. He is such a booster for the game.
    Tony Cochrane was never in the shousehouse from my view. He just gave a few uncomfortable truths to the Vic media, and predictably that retaliated.
    Eddie perpetuated that view.

Cochrane is a winner and I reckon Pridham is pretty good at standing his ground too. VFL needs a shake up.

Veterans List
    I reckon Touk Miller will give this yeras Brownlow a shake.....exceptional player in an unexceptional team.....and having an exceptional season. No one will take votes off him and he is high up in their best players week in, week out. Another 3 vote performance last night. Has to be a big chance.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    At the same time, Hawthorn are playing Port at Marvel. Would probably prefer a Hawthorn win, as that would help to shift them away from the really juicy draft picks.
    Noteworthy for Burgoyne's 400th game too. Not many are ever going to get to that milestone, since you need to play pretty much 20 seasons to get there. Seems like one of the good blokes too.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I reckon Touk Miller will give this yeras Brownlow a shake.....exceptional player in an unexceptional team.....and having an exceptional season. No one will take votes off him and he is high up in their best players week in, week out. Another 3 vote performance last night. Has to be a big chance.
    Nope , he won’t , he can’t , was suspended for one match ....

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Noteworthy for Burgoyne's 400th game too. Not many are ever going to get to that milestone, since you need to play pretty much 20 seasons to get there. Seems like one of the good blokes too.
    Yes, it is an achievement. And he's always been a hugely skilled player. If only he'd used those skills for good, instead of evil.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, it is an achievement. And he's always been a hugely skilled player. If only he'd used those skills for good, instead of evil.
    You can't have everything.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotpotato View Post
    Nope , he won’t , he can’t , was suspended for one match ....
    Oh bugger, I forgot that....it might be one of those embarrassing counts for the AFL then.

It's sweet to see the Injectors getting beat. They must've missed their pre-game jab before the opening bounce. Most importantly, it helps our ladder position.

Parish is the best example of someone taking his time to realise his talent. He has gone from an under achieving high draft pick to an elite midfielder. I’m really hoping Mills (from the same 2015 draft class) continues to go to another level and Florent (from the 2016 draft) makes his jump in 2022. It also is a lesson on patience for someone like Stephens.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast