Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16: the other games. VFL Round.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Parish is the best example of someone taking his time to realise his talent. He has gone from an under achieving high draft pick to an elite midfielder. I’m really hoping Mills (from the same 2015 draft class) continues to go to another level and Florent (from the 2016 draft) makes his jump in 2022. It also is a lesson on patience for someone like Stephens.
    Yeah, thanks.

Veterans List
    GWS giving Melbourne a bit of a touch up at the moment.....leading by 17 pts nearing the end of the third quarter. Are the Dees finally feeling the pressure of expectation?

Veterans List
    Giants win by 9 pts.....mmmm. Dees fans might be panicking just a little right now.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Giants win by 9 pts.....mmmm. Dees fans might be panicking just a little right now.
    Unfortunately doesn’t help our cause as the Giants are now only 2 points behind us so a little bit more pressure on us to get a win tomorrow.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Unfortunately doesn’t help our cause as the Giants are now only 2 points behind us so a little bit more pressure on us to get a win tomorrow.
    Next 3 games are a big test for us. Could lose all 3 and end up winning 10 or 11 games. Still a big jump up from last year. Can't see us beating Bulldogs. Need to win one at the very least to keep sniffing finals.

Round 16: the other games. VFL Round.

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    I found myself going for the Giants today - even though the other result works better for us. Bottom line is you need 13 wins to guarantee a place in the finals, (well maybe 12 & good %), so guess we can’t be too concerned with other results.

It’ll be a great achievement if we can get there.

Oh, & Go Blues!!
    Last edited by Agent 86; 3rd July 2021 at 09:17 PM.

Veterans List
    I know a Hawks win tonight would be good for us but it ain't happening. 42 pts down at half time and don't look like scoring with Port in total control. Makes their win against us all the more embarrassing and annoying, especially considering we pushed Port to 10 pts a week later.

I know a Hawks win tonight would be good for us but it ain't happening. 42 pts down at half time and don't look like scoring with Port in total control. Makes their win against us all the more embarrassing and annoying, especially considering we pushed Port to 10 pts a week later.
    Didn’t they beat the Giants last week?

It’s probably more embarrassing for Hawthorn. They are awful tonight. Their intensity against us was far higher than what they’re dishing up here. Feel sorry for Burgoyne.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Didn’t they beat the Giants last week?
    Yes they did....and it was actually two weeks later that we played Port after the Hawks. I forgot our bye.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    8 minutes into the second quarter at Marvel Stadium, Bulldogs have 7 free kicks and North have zero.

Not watching the game so the 7 frees may well have been there. Hard to believe, however, that the Bulldogs have not transgressed once in over a quarter of footy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    8 minutes into the second quarter at Marvel Stadium, Bulldogs have 7 free kicks and North have zero.

Not watching the game so the 7 frees may well have been there. Hard to believe, however, that the Bulldogs have not transgressed once in over a quarter of footy!
    I don't believe that the Bulldogs go more than 5 possessions, without disposing of it illegally.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast