Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Round 16: the other games. VFL Round.

Demon's are a rabble. They can't score and yet decide to play Wetherrington(sp) and their gun recruit brown in the 2's. Lost at selection.

They need to get Ben brown in for the rest of the year

Veterans List
    Steven Hocking to leave his AFL post and return to the Cats. Thank goodness! I'm guessing his replacement will be no better though.....a newbie trying to make his mark no doubt and changing certain things for change sake. We'll see.

Steven Hocking departure: AFL footy boss to return to Geelong

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    8 minutes into the second quarter at Marvel Stadium, Bulldogs have 7 free kicks and North have zero.

Not watching the game so the 7 frees may well have been there. Hard to believe, however, that the Bulldogs have not transgressed once in over a quarter of footy!
    Not hard to believe at all. They went for nearly three quarters without a single transgression in the 2016 Grand Final. They are clearly the fairest team to have ever played the game.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    What a joy to see Clarko sacked (which is what has actually happened). Became a bitter old man who consistently ragged on our players as a distraction - think Papley last year, Rampe before that.

He made a tragic bet on their list in 2018 with the Wingard trade. Watching their decline since has been wonderful, and knowing he's now got the word 'sacked' as part of his legacy makes me smile no end.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    What a joy to see Clarko sacked (which is what has actually happened). Became a bitter old man who consistently ragged on our players as a distraction - think Papley last year, Rampe before that.

He made a tragic bet on their list in 2018 with the Wingard trade. Watching their decline since has been wonderful, and knowing he's now got the word 'sacked' as part of his legacy makes me smile no end.
    Wonder if he'll deal with it better than Mick Malthouse did with the Nathan Buckley "succession plan."

Wonder where he’ll end up:

Blues
    Pies
    Suns
    Giants
    Weagles

Could all be looking for a new coach in the next 18 months

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Wonder where he’ll end up:

Blues
    Pies
    Suns
    Giants
    Weagles

Could all be looking for a new coach in the next 18 months
    Why Giants?

If he wants to keep coaching, and is prepared to leave Victoria, then I think either one of the expansion clubs is the perfect fit.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

No joy for me at all. Clarkson is a brilliant coach and your lack of respect needs to be called out.

Clarkson beat us despite the Swans poaching his best player. He won again in 2015 without Franklin.

I respect Clarkson and people should respect what he’s achieved in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Not hard to believe at all. They went for nearly three quarters without a single transgression in the 2016 Grand Final. They are clearly the fairest team to have ever played the game.
    That is the part that frustrates me the most about that day. Look I can get that we conceded more frees and they were first to the ball. But I can't get, in a ferocious contest like that, that they were 'perfect' for almost 3/4s of the game like the umpiring led it to be believed. Utterly ridiculous.

Happy to accept we didn't play as well as we could on the day, but still reckon with some umpiring that actually reflected the contest, not the want for the 'fairytale' we could easily have been well to the good before they kicked their final few goals and it might have been a very different result. Alas, still makes me seethe with frustration.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    No joy for me at all. Clarkson is a brilliant coach and your lack of respect needs to be called out.

Clarkson beat us despite the Swans poaching his best player. He won again in 2015 without Franklin.

Absolutely. Best team and coach of the last decade. Seemed to love beating us up and generally did it very well.

Thankfully, I got to be there in 2012 which was an incredibly feeling - but hats off to Clarko. Too good for us on most occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post

I don’t take joy in another person’s downfall (if that is what it is - and this is by no means clear), and Clarkson has achieved far more than most in the game. He is a brilliant tactician and developed (or rekindled) an unrivalled winning culture at the Hawthorn Football Club.

However, his success has been a success for him and his team - it hasn’t always been a benefit to the AFL at large. Everyone doesn’t need to sing his praises. I’ll leave that to those who shared in his glory.

Also, “poached” is a bit rich to refer to a restricted free agent whose management supposedly contacted the Swans about a potential move north.