Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Round 16 • Sydney Swans v West Coast Eagles @Geelong

Those Rising Star results for 2005 are more than 'quite interesting'.

I'm sure the pundits of the day were as confident of their opinions as the On the Couch and other media experts are today.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Hannebery was a GREAT winger at his peak, who could also play inside and was phenomenal at contested ball.

But it's easy to forget just how far, hard and relentlessly he could run up and down a wing. That first half against Freo in (from memory) 2015 when they sent Ryan Crowley - then easily the best, fittest and most ruthless tagger in the game - to him, and Hannebery simply burned him into the ground and kicked four first half goals was out of this world.
    Great call! He was scintillating that day. Hanners is true blue Red & White royalty.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor 01 View Post
    I hope Nike is not a sponsor. I am not impressed with the slave child labour they use.
    Unfortunately they are no better or worse than most sporting apparel corporations https://directory.goodonyou.eco/
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

On the Rookie List
    David Murphy! Was a favourite of mine growing up. I remember him in a game against Hawthorn taking a hanger about 60 out, playing on and kicking a goal. It was magic.

Oops...forgot to 'reply with quote'! This was a response to Bandwagon's query about Swans wingers.
    Last edited by Jimitron5000; 7th July 2021 at 04:34 PM.

Johnny Stevens running down the wing was always a delight. Not the best on the list but awesome to watch.

Schwass, Maxfield, Paul Williams all great.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920