Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 16 • Sydney Swans v West Coast Eagles @Geelong

I could probably write something about every player but I’ll try to keep it small:

1. Horse cops it a bit but his game plan started this whole thing. Run them rather than negate them.

2. Amartey was fantastic. To be fair he wasn’t that bad last week halving contests but he just couldn’t clunk the contested mark. It must be a horrific position to play crashing and fighting all the time and relying on three or four contested marks to make a difference. Well done to the lad.

3. JMac was absolutely critical in exposing the West Coast early for run and spread. Really love this bloke. If only Stephens could join him on the other wing with the same confidence and tenacity.

4. Hewitt - the last two weeks have sold me. Sign him up and keep him in the mids. Just a reliable beast that can do his job there without fear.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I’ve been on the bourbons (not UDL cans). More Australian than Champagnes.

I need a new story. We won without Chad.

Really happy for Blakey. Thought he was great. Heeney back in form. Mills superb.

People will be happy with umpires.
    First emboldened comment must have you shocked! The UDL's should help there.

Second one....frees 18 all so they evened them up from an embarrassing first half discrepancy. Yes, there will be less talk about umpiring this week. Maybe Derm's accurate umpiring spray earlier this week had an effect? If so.....good!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    ABC Radio votes from David Parkin: Mills - 3, Hickey - 2, Blakey - 1.
    Is Mills a smokey for the Brownlow?

Veterans List
    So good to see some of the youngsters that they showed faith in - Amartey, Bell, Blakey - repay that faith in spades. Just an outstanding team effort and a joy to watch.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    First emboldened comment must have you shocked! The UDL's should help there.

Second one....frees 18 all so they evened them up from an embarrassing first half discrepancy. Yes, there will be less talk about umpiring this week. Maybe Derm's accurate umpiring spray earlier this week had an effect? If so.....good!
    I thought the umpiring was pretty good. Went to the Hawthorn/Port game last night and the Hawk supporters were not happy with the umps. As neutral supporters we thought the umpiring was ok. It was mighty cold with the roof open.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    Just an awesome win. Congratulations to the team on the park, the coaches and the selectors. Hope some of the unrelentingly negative posters on here remember that a young squad will be up and down, but this team is strong now and will be tremendous. Making finals this year will be great experience, and we’ll be real contenders again from next season on.
    Great post. John Longmire should also be congratulated for an outstanding coaching display..huge game for us and he came through yet again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Reckon he is. Blonde haired as well!

Maybe sharing too many votes with Hickey? Only one knee and still having a great year!

Veterans List
    Mills was fantastic. He has a great tank and today i don't recall a clanger or even turnover. He gets to where the ball is at as well as any midfielder in the comp.

Needs to come home with a wet sail, but he wouldn't be out of it.

Veterans List
    Needs to come home with a wet sail, but he wouldn't be out of it.
    I reckon he has had a few BOG's.

I don't think he is quite damaging enough with his ball use at this point to really get the umpires excited. Give it a season or two and our performances head upwards and I reckon he won't be far away.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Amartey was nowhere an AFL level of fitness, when he first came to the club. Tadhg was doing the ABC commentary a few weeks back, and he reckoned that Amartey couldn't manage a lap around the oval. Even if that's only half true, it still amazes me; as I just assumed that anyone who got drafted, would be some sort of athlete.
    Interesting - he has always been very much a long term 'development player' per say as I understand it, so it doesn't entirely suprise me. Whenever I've watched the reserves he has shown bits and pieces, and over time its been increasing. Seems to now be taking the next step to starting to do it at AFL level too. So good to see.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Repeat everyone else's sentiments, key points out of today:

Horse - I've bagged him in the past but his use of Blakey of half back looks good, also frees up Dawson. Tactically all day he was on top
    Hewitt - play him in the middle where he belongs and sign him up, talk of letting him walk is crazy
    Blakey - best game I've seen him play, he has cut out the showboating of his game (particulaly kicking)
    Mills - what defender??
    Errol - really gives us a spark foward
    J Mac - Kudos to Beatson, his run off half back and through the middle is also important to us
    Bell - Probably the best game he's played, but I still don't think he's best 22 at the moment, there's a few at VFL level I'd have in before him. I guess he keeps his spot unless RB comes back in

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast