Thread: Round 16 • Sydney Swans v West Coast Eagles @Geelong

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Is Mills a smokey for the Brownlow?
    Hope so. Took 100/1 in Feb each way.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    Repeat everyone else's sentiments, key points out of today:

Horse - I've bagged him in the past but his use of Blakey of half back looks good, also frees up Dawson. Tactically all day he was on top
    Hewitt - play him in the middle where he belongs and sign him up, talk of letting him walk is crazy
    Blakey - best game I've seen him play, he has cut out the showboating of his game (particulaly kicking)
    Mills - what defender??
    Errol - really gives us a spark foward
    J Mac - Kudos to Beatson, his run off half back and through the middle is also important to us
    Bell - Probably the best game he's played, but I still don't think he's best 22 at the moment, there's a few at VFL level I'd have in before him. I guess he keeps his spot unless RB comes back in
    Agree with almost all of this. McInerney is a running machine, going as hard at the end as he is at the start. Bell probably not in best 22 but bigger and quicker than RB although not as good a midfielder. Very handy player.

Bell did really well today. I’m happy for him but he is the 22nd player picked. The interesting question for me is surrounding The Chad and RB. If they were both fit, I assume that one comes in for Bell. Would the other come straight back in? If so, who for? It’s not easy to choose.

Senior Player
    Chad
    RB
    Daylight
    A few of out VFL players
    Bell

That's my order. I'm not sure RB gets in if we are full strength. The other interesting one will be if Reid gets fit.

Suspended by the MRP
    Fantastic game of footy, forwards were electric midfield got well on top despite NicNat and back line kept a great fwd line to 3 goals , Pathetic by WCE really

i was wrong about Blakey , might've found his best position Reads the play well from HB stood up strong in some marking contests

I was wrong about Hewett too, said i'd dump him instead of someone else but i take that back big time

Good that Bell took his chance , knew he had the talent and ability but needed to put it together

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Bell did really well today. I’m happy for him but he is the 22nd player picked. The interesting question for me is surrounding The Chad and RB. If they were both fit, I assume that one comes in for Bell. Would the other come straight back in? If so, who for? It’s not easy to choose.
    Yup, I cant fit them both in without unbalancing the team. Is that sacrilege?

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Hope so. Took 100/1 in Feb each way.
    Good shopping. Now into $51.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Yup, I cant fit them both in without unbalancing the team. Is that sacrilege?
    Nope. Not sacrilege. At least not after that performance. I can’t fit both in either. I think with Hewitt staying in the guts, I’d probably go with The Chad.

Senior Player
    Chad
    RB
    Daylight
    A few of out VFL players
    Bell

That's my order. I'm not sure RB gets in if we are full strength. The other interesting one will be if Reid gets fit.
    As a matter of interest, who would you have from VFL ahead of Bell? His pressure is important.

Chad
    RB
    Daylight
    A few of out VFL players
    Bell

Your Bell thoughts are totally at odds with mine …Players take time to develop and some more than others ..at the moment in this team he’s performing his role ..he’s tough as nails and a running machine and today he actually had some nice touches ..still a work in progress
    Were you one of those writing Amartey off in the last 12 months ….I’m happy with Bell’s progress amd you only have to take
    a look at some of the encouragement from the other players for some of his efforts during the game …I’ll back him to develop like Amartey in his own time amd what you’ll see in a few years will surprise I think ..as for some of the reserves ahead of him …I don’t see any ..Sheather is looking good and Chad and Rowy were out but he’s way ahead of any one in the seconds im his role

Wasn't expecting that! This club never ceases to amaze me.

Awesome game. The complete performance!

Happy to admit I was wrong about Amartey, looked really impressive.

Still think whilst Buddy is playing Isaac needs to be midfield.

Good on Robbie Fox for a great game too.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast