Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 17 Doggies v Swans

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Top of the frees for this year?, well look at that, what a surprise, it's the Fairypups
    Some things don't change hahaha. Look forward to the State of Origin Preview we will see on Sunday from the team in blue as well no doubt.

I think we would benefit from an extra midfielder in the rotation over what Bell has shown - but I thought he improved yesterday and played his role, so I'd be comfortable with no changes for the moment (hard to drop players after such a quality performance too.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Its hard to see changes being made after such a complete team performance. I think unchanged. For those asking about the Chad, I believe he still a week or two away from what I have read. Same with Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Its hard to see changes being made after such a complete team performance. I think unchanged. For those asking about the Chad, I believe he still a week or two away from what I have read. Same with Campbell.
    Agreed April. The MC will not want to make changes after such a great performance unless there’s an injury. RB may be rested for another week- not sure why he was the medical sub?

If Reid is fit, maybe bring him in for Fox, but probably best to give him a run in the maggoos first. Fox played a lot better as the game progressed but his first quarter on Darling was poor, I’m afraid. He needs quite a few games to regain form after injuries and this can be very costly when you are a key defender. In fairness though, he is being asked to play on someone much bigger and stronger so not entirely hi fault. If it’s a choice between him and Reid it’s a no brainer at this stage.

Bell to keep his spot until the Chad is ready to come back- and maybe beyond, depending on how he goes. I’m glad he’s been given a run of games as he is young and has earned the opportunity. Some of his play was very good on Sunday and he just needs to be a bit more involved- maybe he is a slow developer?

Very happy with the boys’ effort as it was a team display with no passengers- that’s the key going forward!
    Special mention to big Tom against NicNat: he ran him ragged and his endeavour and enthusiasm is infectious!
    Happy for him and he’s made a huge difference to our performance- his competitiveness is catchy and I think he has lifted the confidence of all our players. May it long continue!

Sounds sensible to me. I love watching the Chad & would love to have him back out there – but makes no sense to push it if not ready.

Speaking of managing players, Papley looks pretty knocked about recently. Could use a spell at some point in case we really need him fit in September.

Don't change anything this week.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Sounds sensible to me. I love watching the Chad & would love to have him back out there – but makes no sense to push it if not ready.

Speaking of managing players, Papley looks pretty knocked about recently. Could use a spell at some point in case we really need him fit in September.
    Yes, Papps does look a bit sore. A week off soon would not hurt him. We need him firing at the business end of the season. One thing I have not seen from him this season that he did a lot in recent seasons, is that lead up mark. He has good hands for a small player but that side of his game appears to be absent now.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Don't change anything this week.
    The only thing we change is who we defeat …everything else as per last week including the team makeup

Veterans List
    Yes, I reckon we go in unchanged this week.....reward all players for a great team effort against WC. No need to rush anyone back in at this point. Let's get all our injured players in tip top condition before pulling any triggers.

Yes, Papps does look a bit sore. A week off soon would not hurt him. We need him firing at the business end of the season. One thing I have not seen from him this season that he did a lot in recent seasons, is that lead up mark. He has good hands for a small player but that side of his game appears to be absent now.
    Even though Papley may not be doing a lot on the score board, I reckon he does a lot.
    For a start he gets the best small defender which makes it difficult for him to do what other smalls do. And he consistently drags defenders out of position. When he does get the ball, he is very damaging. He would benefit by a rest but it would also mean we would struggle with the structure up forward.

Unless we have an injury, it’s hard to drop anyone from that comprehensive pantsing. Simply a great team effort. One thing that really told in our favour then, and hopefully will this weekend too, is the game of Amartey. His ruck work was excellent; he jumped over Naitanui, and his tap work was precise. The Dogs are a little thin in the ruck stocks, with a lot being left to English. I think we can do some damage to them there. Likewise Amartey reduced McGovern to ineffectiveness. Yes, he’s a young player, but if he can replicate it this week against an ostensibly weaker defence, we’ll be well-placed to take the points.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafka's Ghost View Post
    but if he can replicate it this week against an ostensibly weaker defence, we’ll be well-placed to take the points.
    While not disagreeing with your comment, I doubt the Dogs' midfield will let us waltz the ball through the middle of the ground with no resistance. And winning the ball at the coal face is going to be tougher too. So a lot will need to work well for us to take the points - not to say we're not capable of it.

How fantastic if we can be unchanged this week! Stability! It's what these young cygnets need.

AFL.com article "In the Mix" has Rowy coming in for Bell, but i would hope that John Longmire resists that urge and gives Bell another chance. This may well be his last year as a Swan. He was given a chance on Sunday and he grabbed it with both hands. Let's see what he can do with it!

I don't believe that Rowy can't be a part of this team's game plan and the new and exciting way we play. He played in round 1 when we had a spectacular win over the Lions at the Gabba, and he had 11 score involvements that night, which was the most on ground, and 13 contested possessions, which was the most of any Swans mid. THAT Rowy can absolutely be a part of the Swans game when we are flying. Hope to see it back soon. Until then, i'm OK with him being on the sidelines for his own sake.

Final point before I make tea - what do we think the Bulldogs will do with no Naughton? Will they settle on the smaller line up they fielded against North Melbourne? Cody Weightman was fantastic to watch! I was at that game - one of my sons is a Doggies fan - and the way Weightman leads is very clever! Works his opponents over beautifully. He plays like - and LOOKS like - a young Isaac Heeney! Or do we think we might be the poor sods that are dealt Jamarra Ugle-Hagan's debut?

Lots to ponder! Excited to go to this one! Shame about the time slot!

CHEER CHEER!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast