Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 17 Doggies v Swans

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We are really missing Melican - hope we see him back on the field soon.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    We are really missing Melican - hope we see him back on the field soon.
    If Melican is our backline's saviour then I'm really worried

Suspended by the MRP
    I 'll be spewing if Bell is dropped

Campbell etc should come back in the vfl

Talk of playing Reid down back is folly. He has never played KPD so why would he been any good at it now? It is a very difficult role and requires more than just being tall. The only time he has played down back has been as a spare man and so has never been accountable as a defender.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    Talk of playing Reid down back is folly. He has never played KPD so why would he been any good at it now? It is a very difficult role and requires more than just being tall. The only time he has played down back has been as a spare man and so has never been accountable as a defender.
    I agree it's a bit of a risk but based off what I've seen I'd be happy for us to give it a go. McCartin was thrown back with little experience mid year last year to great success (at least initially)

Training at Princes Park today. Wish they’d tell us

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    If Melican is our backline's saviour then I'm really worried
    He doesn’t deserve to be dropped

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    He doesn’t deserve to be dropped
    Bell I mean responding to the Bloods

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I really like the idea of bringing Reid back and playing him in defence, keeping Amartey in. But the big question is who do you bring Reid in for if he's playing as a defender?
    Yes I like that idea too but as you say who goes out? Bit unfair to drop Blakey after last week but he seems the most likely one.

Veterans List
    No way Blakey's getting dropped after his performance on Sunday. The MC will want him to build on that. I think Reid, if fit to play, will play reserves as they are so weakened anyway and he will give them a boost. I think the 1st's will be unchanged as reward for such a complete team effort.

I don’t think Rowbottom will be a healthy omission. If he is deemed fit, and would not benefit from an additional week’s rest, he will play.

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I think the 1st's will be unchanged as reward for such a complete team effort.
    I hope this is the way they go, it really was a four quarter effort

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I don’t think Rowbottom will be a healthy omission. If he is deemed fit, and would not benefit from an additional week’s rest, he will play.
    I'm concerned about rushing him back. He looked as though he came back too soon last time. One more week being managed won't hurt anyone. Everyone in last weeks team deserves a shot to back up that performance.

Veteran Site Admin
    If Reid were to a) be fit and b) be seen as a key defensive option by the coaches (neither of which seems particularly likely), I imagine he'd come in for Fox (if not this week, eventually). He wouldn't come in to replace someone given the primary role of providing rebound from defence (which is what Blakey was doing against the Eagles).

More likely is that he will (eventually) return in place of Amartey, unless someone else in the forward line succumbs to injury in the meantime. He (Reid) was playing pretty good football before he got injured and he's in our best 22. Joel's shown some good signs and also had some less effective matches. That's to be expected. But going into a finals series (if we get there), I believe the 2021 team will be stronger with Reid over Amartey (or McLean, who, like Amartey) showed both good signs and inconsistency.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast