Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 17 Doggies v Swans

Changes for round 17 Doggies v Swans

Okay, so I am one of a declining number of true Rowbottom-believers on here.

OUT: Bell
    IN: RB

I’m a believer too.

He is young and has carried an injury all year. Despite this he keeps contributing every week. His disposals are often lower than expected because he is given a run with role. On the other side of this coin is that it has shown his defensive side - 7.4 tackles per game (rated elite) and nearly 20 pressure acts.

Only for comparison reasons (because I love them both) RB has averaged more contested possessions, effective disposals, clearances, tackles, and pressure acts than the Chad.

Regular in the Side
    I wouldn't mind if we went in unchanged. I'd only consider RB or Warner if they were 100% fit.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    I wouldn't mind if we went in unchanged. I'd only consider RB or Warner if they were 100% fit.
    I’m largely the same. I like Rowbottom in the team, but if he needed a rest last week he might be better having two weeks off.

The match committee might not always select the best team for a single game (player development or longevity obviously plays a part their decisions), but I hope they do this week. Pick the best team of fit players, for the opposition we are playing, and see if we can sneak a win.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Okay, so I am one of a declining number of true Rowbottom-believers on here.

OUT: Bell
    IN: RB
    No. You are only up against a very vocal minority. Rowie's my favourite player. A future star, though he's carried an injury for most of the season. Having said that I don't see any need for changing the side, and he probably warrants an extra week to recover. Bringing him back in to play the dogs probably wouldn't fast track his recovery. We need 22 fit players to match it with this lot, particularly at Docklands.

No one that played yesterday deserves to lose their spot.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

No obvious changes required. If Chad is 100% fit, happy for him to come back in, probably for Bell, likewise for RB. If both Chad and RB 100% fit, it looks that there is really only room for one of them currently (for Bell). In this case, Chad for me, RB can come back via reserves.

Moving forward, it looks to me that the competition will be amongst:
    Hewett v RB - run with / inside
    Blakey v Campbell - rebounding HB
    Amartey v Reid - Forward / ruck
    Fox v Melican - Key defender
    Bell really only gets a look in if we cop multiple midfield / small forward injuries.
    McDonald, Gould, Ling, Taylor, Brand and Stephens may struggle to play AFL again this year, of course depending on injuries.

Suspended by the MRP
    Unbelievable what i am reading on this site today

Good that Naughtons out , dont like injuries but kid is a star and would cause our back six headaches

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Good that Naughtons out , dont like injuries but kid is a star and would cause our back six headaches
    Yes, very lucky on that one.

Its going to be a great game. I hope the swans are into the umpires ears all week about 2016 and every bulldog game since.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Its going to be a great game. I hope the swans are into the umpires ears all week about 2016 and every bulldog game since.
    Top of the frees for this year?, well look at that, what a surprise, it's the Fairypups

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

I hope the opposite , hope they say F the umpires we are gonna win this with or without them

Pardon my french im on good behaviour bond on here

Senior Player
    As per bandwagon, RB or Warner in for Bell if fit, otherwise no change

Echo most people’s views

Out - Bell
    In - Rowbottom

Does anyone know how far away Chad ans Melican are?

If available I would bring in Melican for Fox.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast