Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 17: the other games. Everywhere but Sydney, even Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Yeah, it is. I'm pretty optimistic! I heard Harley earlier say it's his preference, noting the strong Swans support here.

The Swans haven't played a premiership game here since 2011, which was indeed a very cold day.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    I remember that day well.... it was bitterly cold to say the least. Would be awesome to have a 15 minute trip to get to the ground however Fingers crossed they manage to have it here!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Not good news to see Butters injured in last night's game . I really like this kid. He plays the right way , a heart and soul player for PA. Think his body language is very telling - brings the roof down and revs his team up when he celebrates , looked dejected and devastated when injured on the bench . You can see how much the game and his team means to him

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Not good news to see Butters injured in last night's game . I really like this kid. He plays the right way , a heart and soul player for PA. Think his body language is very telling - brings the roof down and revs his team up when he celebrates , looked dejected and devastated when injured on the bench . You can see how much the game and his team means to him
    Agree, disappointed to see any player get injured and he looks like a very good player.

Didn't look like much when it happened. However agree that the body language indicated a serious long term out.

Port have drafted and recruited really well the past few years. Looks like they've found another one with Georgiades. They, like the Bulldogs, should be contending for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    +1

xavier duursma Is the other Port player I also really like who’s been out from memory since a very courageous game and act I think against Richmond

I'm putting a line through Port. Not a top 4 team. Making up the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Port have drafted and recruited really well the past few years. Looks like they've found another one with Georgiades. They, like the Bulldogs, should be contending for a while.
    Port have got a very strange age profile with a lot of old and a fair few young, but not that much in between.

Jonas, Motlop, Hartlett, Boak, Gray, Rockliff, Dixon are all the wrong side of 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Port have got a very strange age profile with a lot of old and a fair few young, but not that much in between.

Jonas, Motlop, Hartlett, Boak, Gray, Rockliff, Dixon are all the wrong side of 30.
    Yes, I was overlooking that issue. Maybe they will drop off for a bit and come back. I dunno.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Their game plan seems to be to bomb it long to Dixon, hope he takes a mark, or they crumb the spill.

This is never going to work against a team like Melbourne with lever and May. They only way to get close to melbourne is to use your key forward as a decoy.

Having thought about it, I reckon they are in quite a strong position because of the relative youth of the rest of their side.

All these players are 25 or younger:

Powell-Pepper, Burton, Marshall, Houston, Fantasia, Amon, Butters, Georgiades, Rozee, Farrell, Byrne-Jones, Jones, Ladhams, Frederick

Wines and Aliir are 26.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Their game plan seems to be to bomb it long to Dixon, hope he takes a mark, or they crumb the spill.

This is never going to work against a team like Melbourne with lever and May. They only way to get close to melbourne is to use your key forward as a decoy.
    They seemed to be using AA last night in a rather "Longmire-esque" manner too

Veterans List
    See AA has been moved out of defence and into the ruck!
    I found this strange.....and was wondering what Aliir might be thinking about that move too.....maybe "Oh, here we go again!"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Don't see them truly contending under Hinkley.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast