Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 104

Thread: Round 17: the other games. Everywhere but Sydney, even Mars.

  1. #37
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,409
    Lions/Saints seem to have taken over where Bombers/Crows left off. Just heard someone ask if this is "Steve Hocking appreciation round" which made me smile.

    Worrying injury for Hipwood, did not look good at all.

  2. #38
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Lions/Saints seem to have taken over where Bombers/Crows left off
    I may have spoken too soon! Both sides seem to have found their goal-kicking boots now and it's quite a tight and more interesting contest.

  3. #39
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    3,011
    Is it foolishly premature to observe that if we win tomorrow we're a chance of finishing top 4?

  4. #40
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    6,002
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

    Worrying injury for Hipwood, did not look good at all.
    They're saying he's done his ACL. Very sad for the lad.

  5. #41
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Inner West
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    They're saying he's done his ACL. Very sad for the lad.
    Until tonight he had played 109 out of 112 games. Very durable for someone who is 204cm.

  6. #42
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Castlemaine, Vic.
    Posts
    6,002
    Saints are now pantsing the Lions! 30 pts up, 9 minutes left. Lions in big trouble.

    Make that 36 pts.....Lions gone.

  7. #43
    Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I may have spoken too soon! Both sides seem to have found their goal-kicking boots now and it's quite a tight and more interesting contest.
    The first quarter was a shocker but the game's really come to life since then. And - as much as I hate to say it because I don't like them - St.Kilda's been terrific!

  8. #44
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Inner West
    Posts
    1,716
    Jones playing well. Ten clearances so far....

  9. #45
    Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Is it foolishly premature to observe that if we win tomorrow we're a chance of finishing top 4?
    If we don't beat the Dogs then it will be very difficult to make top 4. If we do beat them, looking at the draw home for the teams above us, we're still going to have to win probably all of the last 6 and hope for a few upsets like tonight with the Saints beating the Lions.

    This team can do it for sure, the lid will be off if we can beat the Dogs!

  10. #46
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    3,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    If we don't beat the Dogs then it will be very difficult to make top 4. If we do beat them, looking at the draw home for the teams above us, we're still going to have to win probably all of the last 6 and hope for a few upsets like tonight with the Saints beating the Lions.

    This team can do it for sure, the lid will be off if we can beat the Dogs!
    Yeah, having just checked, the run home of the two teams within apparent striking distance - Brisbane and Port - is pretty soft in both cases.

  11. #47
    It has been a very boring round or footy so far.

  12. #48
    Senior Player Agent 86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hollywood Forever Memorial Park
    Posts
    1,216
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    It has been a very boring round or footy so far.
    Apart from the saints, it’s been yawnful. Turned off after 1 qtr on Friday.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO