Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 18 v GWS @ Metricon Stadium Gold Coast, Sun 18 July 6.10pm

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    Hi The Runner,

You make some great points! I had not taken into account that every game and every ground will throw up a different set of conditions and a different tempo the game will be played at. I am fully with you that we will need our best midfield of bulls on song to beat GWS! They are a fierce unit in their midfield! It's an intimidating lineup - Hopper, Kelly, Green, Ward and Taranto. All strong and ferocious at the contest!

A player like Rowbottom does make sense in the line-up.. but it has to be said... which Rowbottom would we get? If it's the one that can't get on the field for more than 70% of the game and looks timid and nervous at the contest then is it really a win for us?? And even if it was the Rowbottom that was rated so highly, how do we fit him in?? We wouldn't want to mess with our midfield of Joey, Parker, Mills, Hewett and Florent that's worked so well in recent weeks!!

Interesting times ahead. I don't envy the selection committee one bit!!
    I'd be swapping Bell for Rowbottom, and adding an extra body around the contest. There won't be as much footy on the outside - there were a lot less marks and more contested possessions in Ballarat last week than Marvel.
    It's basically a park footy oval - a huge change from the pristine ovals covered by grandstands that we're used to.

And I'd be looking to swap Blakey or Lloyd for CoR this week. Going to be hard to carry two lighter defenders who don't really defend in to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AB Swannie View Post
    I think we are reading the same book if not exactly on the same page.

I'm not unhappy to remain unchanged but I'd prefer to keep improving rather than waiting for a loss to change the side. If next week was the Grand Final, would you have the same philosophy of remaining unchanged?
    That’s a good question …for now Chad is a week away it seems …
    There’s a lot of matches to go before a grand final including all the finals we’ll have to win

I presume by that point whether through form , team balance and team balance is actually
    the one I value the most , natural attrition , suspensions we’ll have the answers as to who should be in from what we have available
    well more importantly Jl will have all of the bodywork for the season

At the moment we’re tinkering and Chad and others when they’re back from injury will get those ganes

There’s no point trying to fit the wrong mix of players in even if they are the best available unless it improves the sun and doesn’t take away from the potency of each

For example trying to fit all out midfielders in and playing Hewett down back didn’t necessarily make a better team… Hewett is doing such a great job where he fits naturally

At the end of the day it’s the best team rather than the best individuals ..of course id want Chad in and probably ahead of Bell but it’s a hypothetical based on what’s the best team im their correct positions

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Wowsers - a bit of a shift from hail and 8 degrees. Totally makes sense, though.

Swans will be much happier up there , They can thaw out and play better .

Gawd, with two hours notice they threw clothes in a bag for Melbourne winter and they are now headed to Queensland?

You can do it Swannies!

Veterans List
    Bugger freezing Ballarat, we're off to sunny and warm Queensland, smart move, sunny and 21 degrees Saturday at Metricon improves our winning chances

Jeepers! The season is taking agility to gymnastic levels. I guess this is taking the game to where there can be crowds. But how big are they going to be? Seems like a risk that clubs will get locked in different States.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Jeepers! The season is taking agility to gymnastic levels. I guess this is taking the game to where there can be crowds. But how big are they going to be? Seems like a risk that clubs will get locked in different States.
    mmm.... hopefully everyone can hold their nerve and realise a few footballers travelling around is not going to make any difference to the
    Covid situation. The season must go on. Especially now that I've decided that only us, Melbourne, Footscray or Geelong can win it.
    Imagine working in the AFL game scheduling department. It must be a nightmare. Whatever those people are getting paid, it's not enough.

Sad to see us head to QLD, whilst I didn't want to go to Mars in those conditions, I felt we were really embraced being in Melbourne for a prolonged period of time.

It was like we were playing home games each week with the support the Sth faithful were supplying, vic boys getting to see family and friends (to scratch that itch)

While qld will be good temp wise, I hope it doesn't derail our momentum.
    Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Bugger freezing Ballarat, we're off to sunny and warm Queensland, smart move, sunny and 21 degrees Saturday at Metricon improves our winning chances
    Not sure about that, I actually think it makes it harder for us. The Giants are sooks and generally pretty poor in the rain and cold (and sometimes snow).

I reckon it will make it easier for the families to join fwiw

- - - Updated - - -

Are we playing at Metricon? It’s out “bogey ground”! allegedly we’ve lost the last 4 there

Every club's bogey ground: Where does your team NOT want to play?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast