Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 18 v GWS @ Metricon Stadium Gold Coast, Sun 18 July 6.10pm

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Bugger freezing Ballarat, we're off to sunny and warm Queensland, smart move, sunny and 21 degrees Saturday at Metricon improves our winning chances
    I'd prefer the gabba to be honest - I was suprised to read that we've lost our last 4 at Metricon.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Swan15 View Post
    Sad to see us head to QLD, whilst I didn't want to go to Mars in those conditions, I felt we were really embraced being in Melbourne for a prolonged period of time.

It was like we were playing home games each week with the support the Sth faithful were supplying, vic boys getting to see family and friends (to scratch that itch)

While qld will be good temp wise, I hope it doesn't derail our momentum.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
    I feel the same way. Although, I've decided to switch focus and hope the squad can enjoy the possibility of hitting the surf (if they're allowed to) and let it boost morale without losing focus on the season.

But I don't think the change of venue will hurt when playing the Giants. I was conscious that the Giants played their last match at Mars and have had more opportunity to adjust to the specific conditions there. Also, these days we have perhaps the stronger outside game and will benefit from a better playing surface and better weather.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I'd prefer the gabba to be honest - I was suprised to read that we've lost our last 4 at Metricon.
    I'm not. I was sullenly sitting there. And I think that it will be the Gabba, since Brisbane are playing at the MCG on the weekend, while Gold Coast are hosting the Bulldogs at 4.35 on Saturday. Which means that they either switch our game to Sunday, have a two for the price of one deal at Metricon, or try to get everybody in and out between games. Easier to just play at the Gabba on Saturday.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    A shame, as the noise and buzz and support created by the old South Melbourne supporters is always a joy - and the players seem to love it.

But we're now at the stage of the AFL trying to keep the whole season alive, and do what can be done to reunite families in the best possible circumstances, so off we go.

And I'm sure Longmire is quietly using it as a chance to drill in the 'play anyone, anywhere, anytime' mantra.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

It may actually not be a bad thing for our overall season - because being in QLD may (given arrangements were achieved last year for it to happen) allow players to be reunited with their families at least for a short period as well.

But it must be tough for the guys overall.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Hi all,

I wouldnt read too much into our record at Metricon! Our most recent loss there was the GCS debacle earlier this year. The other three losses were all last year, when we won only five games for the season and lost to West Coast, Carlton and Geelong - all of who finished above us!! So the figures are skewed slightly!!

Being originally from Ballarat a lot of friends and family were excited to fly their flags on Saturday.

Understand we need to preserve the season and playing where it is dry and warm should improve skills.

Either way I was watching on the TV..

Go Swans no matter where the game is!

Suspended by the MRP
    Midfield needs to lift on last weeks game , cant rely on superhuman games from Dawson and Mccartin to save us every week

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Midfield needs to lift on last weeks game , cant rely on superhuman games from Dawson and Mccartin to save us every week
    You make it sound like we've only had two good players all year! This team is not over-relying on anyone right now. We've had (at least) 2 games in a row where every player has shown great competitiveness for 4 qtrs. No one needs to lift, just keep doing what they're doing!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    You make it sound like we've only had two good players all year! This team is not over-relying on anyone right now. We've had (at least) 2 games in a row where every player has shown great competitiveness for 4 qtrs. No one needs to lift, just keep doing what they're doing!
    Not disagreeing but very different story last week without Dawson and Mccartin , we were smashed in clearances and lost centre clearances 3-15 our defence held up well and most of our best players were in defence but what if they dont this week ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Not disagreeing but very different story last week without Dawson and Mccartin , we were smashed in clearances and lost centre clearances 3-15 our defence held up well and most of our best players were in defence but what if they dont this week ?
    We're playing a game style that is not about winning the immediate clearance but getting the ball back immediately post the clearance. The clearance stats are becoming less relevant for coaches. Richmond have never focused on clearances as a stat.
    To use clearances as a metric to measure the midfield is out dated.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    Hi all,

I wouldnt read too much into our record at Metricon! Our most recent loss there was the GCS debacle earlier this year. The other three losses were all last year, when we won only five games for the season and lost to West Coast, Carlton and Geelong - all of who finished above us!! So the figures are skewed slightly!!
    Plenty of injuries for us last year. This year's game we were very poor and GC was very good.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast