Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 18: the other games. So, how good are we?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    It's shocking isn't it.

Rumours are flying atm that he and Elyse Perry may be an item.....if so, I hope the new 'do' wasn't meant to impress her!
    Fyffe shouldn't be playing. Shadow of himself with the shoulder problem.

Brisbane's top 4 position definitely in play now. Port and us will fight it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Tom lynch is the laziest sod in the AFL
    He's got a very punchable face.

Senior Player
    Great. Now, come on St Kilda!

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Great. Now, come on St Kilda!
    And the Suns. Which is a bit of a long shot, but still possible.

Senior Player
    Chol was very good, and Riewoldt had a night out, but what a difference Nankervis makes. Surprised there wasn't more discussion of his absence with respect to the Tiger's recent woes.

Shame we couldn't get that form out of him, I guess some players just go better at one club than another for a variety of reasons.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And the Suns. Which is a bit of a long shot, but still possible.
    LOL, sure - let's do it. Would have bonus comedy value.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Chol was very good, and Riewoldt had a night out, but what a difference Nankervis makes. Surprised there wasn't more discussion of his absence with respect to the Tiger's recent woes.

Shame we couldn't get that form out of him, I guess some players just go better at one club than another for a variety of reasons.
    Surely the most obvious factor is just age, experience and physical development. Most players don't reach their peak until their mid-20s (despite the impatience of supporters who want to write them off within a year or two) but this is even more the case for ruckmen. He was - what? - 22 when he left us, with a dozen or so games experience. He's now just about 27 and closing in on 100 games.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Surely the most obvious factor is just age, experience and physical development. Most players don't reach their peak until their mid-20s (despite the impatience of supporters who want to write them off within a year or two) but this is even more the case for ruckmen. He was - what? - 22 when he left us, with a dozen or so games experience. He's now just about 27 and closing in on 100 games.
    Strong as an ox now. Gets away with some cheap shots during the game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

He played 12 games across two years as our 4th choice ruckman … I think he made the right call to leave.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Yes, I forget he's been gone a while now and was young and well down the order when at the Swans. Certainly made the most of his new opportunity anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    He played 12 games across two years as our 4th choice ruckman … I think he made the right call to leave.
    3 premierships & a prelim in 4 years? Terrible decision.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast