Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 18: the other games. So, how good are we?

Senior Player
    Still awaiting the details, but Dustin Martin out for the season with a kidney injury.

UPDATE: 'Significant' kidney injury ends Dusty's season

I thought it might be serious, he was clearly in a lot of pain. Not often you see him come off and immediately drop to the ground.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Still awaiting the details, but Dustin Martin out for the season with a kidney injury.

UPDATE: 'Significant' kidney injury ends Dusty's season

I thought it might be serious, he was clearly in a lot of pain. Not often you see him come off and immediately drop to the ground.
    Just as the Tigers were finding some form.....this is a huge blow for them.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Just as the Tigers were finding some form.....this is a huge blow for them.
    I would be a legendary premiership, if Richmond were to win it from here. Don't really like their chances, though.

And the injury is a bit confusing, as there doesn't seem to be any contact by Robinson to the kidney area? There's a little shove in the back by Neale, but there doesn't seem to be much force? Maybe for a split second, Neale still had his in the back, when Robinson collided from the other side?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And the injury is a bit confusing, as there doesn't seem to be any contact by Robinson to the kidney area? There's a little shove in the back by Neale, but there doesn't seem to be much force? Maybe for a split second, Neale still had his in the back, when Robinson collided from the other side?
    I watched the replay in slow motion a few times. Martin goes more or less right side-on into Robinson. It's hard to see whether Robinson's hip gets him, or if Martin's own arm is trapped and pushed back into him. He goes down holding his right lower rib cage to the side. So maybe a rib forced into the kidney?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I would be a legendary premiership, if Richmond were to win it from here. Don't really like their chances, though.

Horrid injury to Martin. Tigers are no chance from here. He's not been at his most dominant this season, but he's the one who is still capable of turning it on in bursts when the Tiger team isn't quite functioning. He did it in the second half yesterday (before his injury) and got the Tigers going, after being quiet in the first half. If they had a full complement of other players available, maybe they could function without him, but their injuries were extensive before losing Martin. I'm not writing off (entirely) their chances of sneaking into the finals, partly because none of the other teams around them seems able to put together a charge, but I can't see how they can go far in the finals without him and the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    I watched the replay in slow motion a few times. Martin goes more or less right side-on into Robinson. It's hard to see whether Robinson's hip gets him, or if Martin's own arm is trapped and pushed back into him. He goes down holding his right lower rib cage to the side. So maybe a rib forced into the kidney?

Hopefully we'll get something like an official explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Horrid injury to Martin. Tigers are no chance from here. He's not been at his most dominant this season, but he's the one who is still capable of turning it on in bursts when the Tiger team isn't quite functioning. He did it in the second half yesterday (before his injury) and got the Tigers going, after being quiet in the first half. If they had a full complement of other players available, maybe they could function without him, but their injuries were extensive before losing Martin. I'm not writing off (entirely) their chances of sneaking into the finals, partly because none of the other teams around them seems able to put together a charge, but I can't see how they can go far in the finals without him and the rest.
    It will certainly be a challenge for Hardwick, to get the rest of the squad to believe that they can do it without Martin.

Veterans List
    I'm not one to highlight the Bulldogs for obvious reasons....but seeing Ugle-Hagen's first goal in footy from a set shot certainly did remind me of a certain childhood hero of his. He showed some of his skills today....and I dare say he has better hands than the Bud. Took some impressive grabs. Long way to go of course, but I think the moniker Buddy 2.0 isn't far off the mark.

Veterans List
    Scores level with 40 seconds left at the 'G.

- - - Updated - - -

.......and it's a draw LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Scores level with 40 seconds left at the 'G.

- - - Updated - - -

.......and it's a draw LOL!
    It gave me a lot of joy to see deflated Hawks' players. Let's crush those Giants tomorrow.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    It gave me a lot of joy to see deflated Hawks' players. Let's crush those Giants tomorrow.
    I would be happy with a 1-point win. It would be their second 1-point loss in a row.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

My brain may be happy for a 1 point win - not sure about my blood pressure

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast