Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Round 18: the other games. So, how good are we?

Round 18: the other games. So, how good are we?

I ask, how good are we, because I think that who we might go for in some of the other matches, will depend on our perceptions of the ability of our Swans. For instance, in tonight's game, if we tend to think that our place in the eight is still insecure, then we might go for Geelong to beat Fremantle. On the other hand, if we're reasonably comfortable about making the eight and are now eyeing a top four spot, than it's logical to go for Fremantle. I suspect that I'm not the only one thinking: go the Dockers.

It's much the same deal for tomorrow night's Richmond v Brisbane match; which is now being played at Metricon. Feeling insecure: go the Lions. Feeling confident: go the Tigers. Although, another nail being hammered into Richmond's coffin, does have a certain amount of appeal.

The first Saturday action is now the 4.35 game at Metricon between the Suns and the Bulldogs. I notice that five Bulldogs have been omitted from the team that we beat last weekend. The Eagles similarly swung the axe, after we gave them a thrashing. So, that's an achievement, I guess.

Now that I've checked, the MCG game between Melbourne v Hawthorn is also at 4.35. I doubt if we can catch Melbourne, so hopefully they'll win by around a hundred.

The Saturday night game at Marvel sees St Kilda take on Port. Once again, if we think we're a top four chance, it'll be go the Saints.

The Metricon festival of the boot continues on Sunday afternoon, with North playing Essendon. Honestly, if they decided to call this one off to save the ground, would there be that many complaints?

The twilight game is Adelaide playing at home against West Coast. I didn't see any of Adelaide playing against Essendon last week, but they must have been truly terrible, because West Coast are clear favourites.

And finally, we play GWS at Metricon. Hopefully we will continue our recent run of good form, and we can all optimistically anticipate the next round: wherever and whenever that may be.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    I ask, how good are we, because I think that who we might go for in some of the other matches, will depend on our perceptions of the ability of our Swans. For instance, in tonight's game, if we tend to think that our place in the eight is still insecure, then we might go for Geelong to beat Fremantle. On the other hand, if we're reasonably comfortable about making the eight and are now eyeing a top four spot, than it's logical to go for Fremantle. I suspect that I'm not the only one thinking: go the Dockers.
    Go Freo!

Veterans List
    Good news...Razor is umpiring this game!

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Go Freo!
    Yep, heave ho.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Good news...Razor is umpiring this game!
    You'd think that. But they might of sent only a limited number of umpires to Queensland; with them being semi-amateurs and all that.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Watching the game but with the volume down. Could someone let me know the reason for the standing ovation Freo supporters gave around the 10 minute mark of the first quarter?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Watching the game but with the volume down. Could someone let me know the reason for the standing ovation Freo supporters gave around the 10 minute mark of the first quarter?
    Stand and cheer for Milli!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Thank you neilfws. What a very emotional moment for the club.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    You'd think that. But they might of sent only a limited number of umpires to Queensland; with them being semi-amateurs and all that.
    Oh bugger I didn't think of that especially as this is a Thursday night game. I may have celebrated too soon.

Veterans List
    I didn't think Fyfe's hair could get any worse...I was wrong!

Whilst I HATE Geelong!! ... I am pleased to see them winning ... i don't think we can catch Geelong (2 games and percentage ahead of us) but the Dockers could catch us (2 games and percentage behind us)

Especially with us playing them next week!! It saves that match having to be one of those 'eight point' matches - we'd be 2 games clear of them no matter the result !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Oh bugger I didn't think of that especially as this is a Thursday night game. I may have celebrated too soon.
    I'm only guessing. So it's probably okay. However, I would like to see Stevic running, sometime before Sunday.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast